PlayStation offer 4K Cloud Gaming before Xbox

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Klobrille making a tweet about Playstation lol

Of course Sony is at the forefront of this technology, they have all the patents but customers just don't care enough. They tried many times.

Reactions: JAHGamer

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I mean I care about "cloud gaming/streaming" about as far as they perhaps contribute to Sony features/initiatives like remote play, shareplay, crossbuy/crossplay and cloud gamesave management. I'd rent PS+ servers, if it meant me and some buddies could do custom lobbies on a Friday of some long dead game. Pass the cost onto me so I can jerry-rig something together with my mates instead of just not being able to play this game anymore, or the multiplayer component.

I can say Steaming games helps with console download capacity juggling, but to me I'd rather juggle and then play native download than stream game to save space on console. Perhaps it's different strokes for different folks?

On the related note of 4k streaming resolution, yay I guess, now can you make it more reliable please? I live in the UK, Sony's service quality would have you believe I live in Africa, inside a cave, deep inside hollow earth ffs.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There is absolutely nothing exciting about cloud gaming.

If at least we were talking about games that used server processing power for some interesting feature like MS promised (and never delivered)...

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Its working good too!

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I mean it great for them, but I think streaming will probably never takes off.

24 Jun 2022
Streaming definitely has a future in terms of demo'ing/testing games out before purchase, to see if you like them, and without committing to a huge download out of the gate.

Also funny how Klobrille's post has that condescending annoyance tone to it. It pains him deeply to admit PS providing a superior cloud streaming option over Xbox when it comes to resolution (and likely latency), considering cloud gaming is something Microsoft are hellbent on expanding into. And then act as though Xbox cloud gaming for 3 years is a feat...when PS Now was around since 2015 (also providing similar levels of feedback and learning).

People like this are just very poor at hiding their cope.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Streaming definitely has a future in terms of demo'ing/testing games out before purchase, to see if you like them, and without committing to a huge download out of the gate.
Definitely the best use. I don't know why people here are so grumpy about it. I guess because Xbox made it a big focus so they reject it like a reflex.

I will 100% stream Returnal and Demons Souls again after deleting them to make space (and Destruction All Stars).

Here's the list:

GoW:R
Horizon Forbidden West
Fortnite,
Fall Guys
Destiny 2
Returnal
Demon's Souls
Death Stranding
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Destruction All Stars
Fall Guys

Trials:
Demon Slayer
RE8

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

Also funny how Klobrille's post has that condescending annoyance tone to it. It pains him deeply to admit PS providing a superior cloud streaming option over Xbox when it comes to resolution (and likely latency), considering cloud gaming is something Microsoft are hellbent on expanding into. And then act as though Xbox cloud gaming for 3 years is a feat...when PS Now was around since 2015 (also providing similar levels of feedback and learning).

People like this are just very poor at hiding their cope.
Sony using Akamai as it DNS service, AWS as it cloud service and their own backend. It was built to run games at foremost.

MS uses Azure, same services as their 365 subscription and web service, for their gaming counterpart, which heavily rely on virtualization. So of course it is not as great performance wise compared to Sony

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I still think this is kinda useless, probably Sony should use it on a subscription service tier for selected games and free trail on web browser. :unsure:

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I still think this is kinda useless, probably Sony should use it on a subscription service tier for selected games and free trail on web browser. :unsure:
It's exactly what this is already. It's for PS+ Premium users on PS5. Eventually they might add web browser and mobile. It's beta for now.

Adamsapple is already at the other place spreading concern and FUD. Yeah they're worried they will lose another selling point. Soon they will say nobody cares about cloud 😅

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They have to. Sony is not the market leader because they rest on their laurels
Sony is the market leader. Sony's game subs have around twice the subs of the MS ones, plus they generate even a bigger difference in revenue.

With the Plus+Now revamp the subs of their cloud gaming tier almost triplied in less than a year. Plus has a bigger catalog of beter rated games, most cloud gaming patents and a profitable business model for game subs instead of a finantials suicide model.

This new feature that debuts as experimental in the beta allows you to play in cloud gaming some of the PS5 games you bought (not he ones from the game sub). Some of the games found compatible are GoW:R, Horizon Forbidden West, Fortnite, Fall Guys, Destiny 2, Retrunal, Demon's Souls, Death Stranding, Sackboy A Big Adventure,Destruction All Stars, Fall Guys and the trials of Demon Slayer or RE8.

As of now this beta feature streams only to PS5, in the future like PS+ cloud gaming, it will stream to other platforms.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
streaming ps5 games from your prs5 is kinda stupid. the fact that sony cloud streaming/gaikai works in the browser/mobile phones but sony refuses to make an app for it is ridiculous. most of my purchases happen on steam now because of geforce now streaming

Reactions: Systemshock2023

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Sony is the market leader. Sony's game subs have around twice the subs of the MS ones, plus they generate even a bigger difference in revenue.

With the Plus+Now revamp the subs of their cloud gaming tier almost triplied in less than a year. Plus has a bigger catalog of beter rated games, most cloud gaming patents and a profitable business model for game subs instead of a finantials suicide model.

This new feature that debuts as experimental in the beta allows you to play in cloud gaming some of the PS5 games you bought (not he ones from the game sub). Some of the games found compatible are GoW:R, Horizon Forbidden West, Fortnite, Fall Guys, Destiny 2, Retrunal, Demon's Souls, Death Stranding, Sackboy A Big Adventure,Destruction All Stars, Fall Guys and the trials of Demon Slayer or RE8.

As of now this beta feature streams only to PS5, in the future like PS+ cloud gaming, it will stream to other platforms.
is this an ad?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nobody cares about streaming / cloud gaming, they need to stop wasting time and money on that crap.
Facts, I don't understand what some of these other commenters are talking about when they say Sony "HAS TO HAVE CLOUD!!!". Huh? Why do they HAVE TO have cloud ? If it was that imperative, Stadia wouldn't have shut down and Nintendo would be doing it. The only people pushing cloud so hard are the 3rd place losers who are more irrelevant than they've ever been.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Bryank75