PlayStation offer 4K Cloud Gaming before Xbox

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I said before and say it again, if mighty Google with the best ever cloud platform failed, no one will succeed. Actually, I don't think anyone will be able to provide the quality of streaming done by Stadia.

Cloud gaming was, is and always will be DOA.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
If the Q lite does Cloud Streaming without the need for a PS5 it might have a serious chance of being a success.
Nah the Logitech g cloud flopped and got a price cut 2 weeks after release. It has GeForce Now which also has 4k streaming for PC games. Stadia also had 4k streaming, with an even cheaper device, plus pc/mobile and it still flopped. There is no demand for cloud right now.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Facts, I don't understand what some of these other commenters are talking about when they say Sony "HAS TO HAVE CLOUD!!!". Huh? Why do they HAVE TO have cloud ? If it was that imperative, Stadia wouldn't have shut down and Nintendo would be doing it. The only people pushing cloud so hard are the 3rd place losers who are more irrelevant than they've ever been.

What they should be doing IMO is providing retail options or helping new retailers to fill spaces in countries where Gamestop and others are leaving.

There should be a store partially funded by Sony and Nintendo to sell their products and memorabilia. They could call it an Akihabara Store or something...theme it Japanese.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Q Lite is already dead. Sony better drop it.

Cloud Streaming, No need for PS5 at a price of around 199 pounds.

It will do fine. After the success of the 200 pound Dualsense Edge, I can see people buying this too.

Not like the manufacturing costs are high.

It’s basically an LCD screen with a dualsense controller.

Who knows maybe Sony are testing the waters with this device and will eventually bring a dedicated handheld in the future.

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Why are so many people rooting for a simple peripheral to fail?
What does it matter to them? It's not taking any relevant amount of hardware R&D nor is it taking any game development resources.
It's the Destruction All-Stars of companion devices. Just make a PS4 Portable now, not later after further "Switch/Deck/Alley etc" lost ground.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
They should release ps now in more countries. No additional devices required. Play on your phone,tablet, PC or console.

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Why are so many people rooting for a simple peripheral to fail?
What does it matter to them? It's not taking any relevant amount of hardware R&D nor is it taking any game development resources.

This. If it provides a direct connection to my PS5 and does cloud gaming on top of that, it's a winner in my book.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
This klobrille bozo its the guy who works for free for ms, he is the epitome of sad fanboy

Btw after Trying all the cloud services, like or not this is gonna be a decent way to play for a lot of people, dont be miopic

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's the Destruction All-Stars of companion devices. Just make a PS4 Portable now, not later after further "Switch/Deck/Alley etc" lost ground.

Then by all means, feel free to be angry at Sony for not launching a portable PS4, leaving all the market to Nintendo. I know I did for years, but I'm now going through the acceptance phase.

However, the development of Q has nothing to do with Sony even entertaining the idea of a portable console. It's just a screen on a DualSense and a very cheap off-the-shelf SoC (probably Mediatek considering some news from last year) running AOSP for video decoding and little else. There's really nothing else to it.

If they were making an actual handheld console they'd need to be paying AMD a lot for a high-performance semicustom solution.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
Ps4 portable costs. This Q thing probably doesn't cost a dime and help sony move Dualsense parts inventory.

But they can accomplish the exact same thing with a PS4 Portable, have more demand, higher profit margins, and have a design that can be applied to high-end mobile phones at or after launch to maximize returns on the APU.

For whatever reason Sony are just very bearish on doing 1P AA content; those kind of games would not require scoping, dev time or graphics fidelity of the AAA 1P games and could scale very easily to a portable of PS4-level spec (in terms of TF; an actual PS4 Portable would have higher pixel fillrate, texture fillrate, better GPU data compression, cache scrubbers, audio engine and support for more modern graphics features).