Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just like music and tv streaming have failed right? It's not a question of if it succeeds but when. Geforce Now has all but solved the latency issue.
We don't need to look at Geoforce for that. For years I've had little to no percievable latency in campaign games. I literally play COD mp over cloud/remote play and still get top three. At this point I think many try to shit on PS cloud just being part of an echo chamber. Yes, I do know some may have low dl speeds and not be next to a data center and that affects cloud gaming negatively but for those in cities, with gd internet, etc this shit works good.

Reactions: nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
We don't need to look at Geoforce for that. Fir tears I've had little to no percievable latency in campaign games. I literally play COD mp over cloud/remote play and still get top three. At this point I think many try to shit on PS cloud just being part of an echo chamber. Yes, I do know some may have low dl speeds and not be next to a data cebter and that affects cloud gaming negatively but for those in cities, with gd internet, etc this shit works good.
Yeah your mileage may vary depending on where you live. For me latency wise Geforce now is perfect, PS Now/Premium is still laggy for me and the resolution is choppy enough that I can tell it's streaming, and Xcloud was the worst and completely unplayable. I really just want sony to match the other two and make cloud streaming available in the browser so I can play from my laptop/phone.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Just like music and tv streaming have failed right? It's not a question of if it succeeds but when. Geforce Now has all but solved the latency issue.

They have failed, they are all living on borrowed time / money..... they all make much less money than their previous models.

Disney, Netflix, HBO etc are all struggling....even Apple, the behemoth with endless cash is putting its movies in the cinema now.

Maybe PC gamers would like streaming but I don't think console gamers are the ones to target with this shite TBH.

Reactions: arvfab and Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It's solved, so why isn't it popular?

People predicting that game streaming will be huge anytime soon just lack of understanding of how people play games. Smartphones just keep improving their render capabilities and what they have is more than enough for the type of games these people play.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Bryank75 in terms of movies releases, Disney is actually the only ones that nailed it. They release in the cinema, and then 45 days after the run is over, they release in their streaming service. it doesn't cannibalize movie ticket sales at the very least.

Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
@Bryank75 in terms of movies releases, Disney is actually the only ones that nailed it. They release in the cinema, and then 45 days after the run is over, they release in their streaming service. it doesn't cannibalize movie ticket sales at the very least.
Remains to be seen, how these short windows are going to influence audiences in the long run.

It's a lot like services in game, you can easily condition you audience not to buy games or in these case not to ever go to the movies.

Non blockbuster movies also seem to suffer a lot more, same with games, the AAA hyped games still sell well everything else is screwed.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022

In theory it doesn't, but the actual quality of a good number of their movies the past few years have seemingly been leading to loss of ticket sales and revenue regardless. Just look at the trajectory of the MCU releases the past few years.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
45 days is too short. Blockbusters are still doing well on the second month. 3 months would be best but these companies are always in a hurry to lose money and then complain 🤷‍♂️

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Well, I hope they're ready for that to fail...just like all cloud gaming.

Why do they never learn?
It won't fail if they do it right and make it an option for players like Xbox is attempting to do. Makeup with the times, Cloud gaming is here to say, this has been predicted for 10 years now this would happen.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Meh, start by offering cloud streaming in more than a handful of countries. PS now was an absolute failure compared to xcloud and NVIDIA.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
45 days is too short. Blockbusters are still doing well on the second month. 3 months would be best but these companies are always in a hurry to lose money and then complain 🤷‍♂️
The other day I watched the DnD movie on theathers then 1 week later it released on Paramount+. I don't regret it but it is very lame.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
its something that any big corp like Sony has to invest in, just in case it blows up

might never really take off but imagine if it does and you’re the guy late to the cash party

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
its something that any big corp like Sony has to invest in, just in case it blows up

might never really take off but imagine if it does and you’re the guy late to the cash party

Well seeing how Sony bought both Gaikai and OnLive very early, I think they actually wanted/hoped it to blow up early.

Fortunately they also saw early enough that the traditional model is the way to go.

Last edited:

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole

Right. Microsoft are not going to abandon their plans because the CMA saw through them. They'll continue expanding their reach while being less boastful about it. Sony would be crazy to sit back and do nothing.

I'm still puzzled why Tom Henderson framed Q-Lite as some kind of traditional handheld before making unflattering comparisons. As Jeff Grubb said, it's more accurately described as remote play peripheral with the functionality of a DualSense. If you're not interested in that kind of thing, feel free to ignore it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Right. Microsoft are not going to abandon their plans because the CMA saw through them. They'll continue expanding their reach while being less boastful about it. Sony would be crazy to sit back and do nothing.

I'm still puzzled why Tom Henderson framed Q-Lite as some kind of traditional handheld before making unflattering comparisons. As Jeff Grubb said, it's more accurately described as remote play peripheral with the functionality of a DualSense. If you're not interested in that kind of thing, feel free to ignore it.
I will be getting the qlite. I currently remote play using my laptop three times a week that I spend at my girls house but this will be perfect for me.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters