PlayStation Plus Collection will stop being offered on May 9 (If you redeem the games before this date, you keep them)

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
We also wanted to provide an update on the PlayStation Plus Collection that has been offered as a benefit to PlayStation Plus members on PS5 since 2020. On May 9 the PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be offered. If you haven't redeemed the titles in this collection yet, you can still do so until May 9, which will enable you to access those titles even after this date for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

Shame.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I really think this looks worse than it is....

But optics and seeming to be close to the fanbase is something PlayStation has had a problem with since Jimbo took over.

I don't even think it really is the right move regarding how it looks in terms of the ABK / Microsoft deal..... I mean, this could be interpreted as PlayStation not feeling like they have to offer more value and that their competition isn't that strong.

It also allows people to level criticisms like calling them arrogant or anti-consumer, which obviously doesn't help.

All I can think of is that the collection may have been hurting PSPlus Extra by offering too much as standard?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

But optics and seeming to be close to the fanbase is something PlayStation has had a problem with since Jimbo took over.

I don't even think it really is the right move regarding how it looks in terms of the ABK / Microsoft deal..... I mean, this could be interpreted as PlayStation not feeling like they have to offer more value and that their competition isn't that strong.

It also allows people to level criticisms like calling them arrogant or anti-consumer, which obviously doesn't help.

All I can think of is that the collection may have been hurting PSPlus Extra by offering too much as standard?
Bryan, I know you have this weird-ass obsession with Jimbo, but the whole Arrogant Sony/Anticonsumer bullshit has been going on since the PS3 days.

The Collection was meant to be a 6-month limited deal as a thank-you to new PS5 buyers. They have to pay the publishers for the games that aren't first-party releases, and those publishers aren't going to want the games given away to everyone indefinitely. I would go so far as to question whether the decision was entirely Sony's to begin with.

And everyone here knows, someone at Sony could fart in the office and the gaming press will run a story about how PlayStation produces methane and is trying to kill the planet.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I don’t know.
If they didn’t say at launch of PlayStation Plus Collection that it was temporary for the launch of PS5 I should be with you.

The fact it lasted that much is just because Covid and supply issues happened.

It should be good to maintain it together? Yes.
But if it was temporary it hurts to end now? No.

It was a welcome gift to new PS5 owners.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Bryan, I know you have this weird-ass obsession with Jimbo, but the whole Arrogant Sony/Anticonsumer bullshit has been going on since the PS3 days.

The Collection was meant to be a 6-month limited deal as a thank-you to new PS5 buyers. They have to pay the publishers for the games that aren't first-party releases, and those publishers aren't going to want the games given away to everyone indefinitely. I would go so far as to question whether the decision was entirely Sony's to begin with.

And everyone here knows, someone at Sony could fart in the office and the gaming press will run a story about how PlayStation produces methane and is trying to kill the planet.

I'm totally with you... I just meant that it opens them up to undue criticism. I guess I worded it badly.