PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for May: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Humanity, Watch Dogs: Legion

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
4dd6f5f601208a9b1813aafe75a89b5a402d770d.jpg

Today we’re happy to reveal the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for May 2023. All games will be available on Tuesday May 16. Let’s dive in.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog​

8838b63857cbf6eea0846a07c04524ec10c66895.jpg
View and download image

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart | PS5

Blast your way through an interdimensional adventure. Go dimension-hopping with Ratchet and Clank as they take on an evil emperor from another reality. Jump between action-packed worlds, and beyond at mind-blowing speeds – complete with dazzling visuals and an insane arsenal – as the intergalactic adventurers blast onto the PS5 console.

095fc1ff578c5673ca698b2a50bf3c30f08a0586.jpg
View and download image

Humanity | PS4, PS5

You are a Shiba Inu charged with commanding massive, marching crowds to jump, turn, push, float, shoot, and climb their way to salvation. Guide the masses through 90-plus stages filled with obstacles, enemies, puzzles, unlockable skills, and wild boss fights in the narrative campaign, or browse a wide array of user-made levels (or build your own!) crafted via the super easy-to-use in-game Stage Creator. Humanity also includes PS VR and PS VR2 support.

28d9e1d58fc52680bd0bbbd0eba0edb086c2f8aa.jpg
View and download image

Watch Dogs: Legion | PS4, PS5

Explore a massive urban open world featuring London’s many iconic landmarks and fun side activities as you build a Resistance from virtually anyone you see as you hack, infiltrate, and fight to take back a city facing its downfall. Recruit and play as anyone in the city. Everyone you see has a unique backstory, personality, and skill set. Hack armed drones, deploy spider-bots, and take down enemies using an Augmented Reality Cloak. Explore a massive urban open world featuring London’s many iconic landmarks and fun side activities. Take the Resistance one step further and fight with your friends in new missions in Online mode.

9a2e8f92571cff76c0763456571c7998ea8c8f47.jpg
View and download image

Dishonored 2 | PS4

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector, Corvo Attano? Will you make your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system, or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes, as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.

44ff14e6b98a52efe062bd3e7e8d41a276d0a5a2.jpg
View and download image

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider | PS4

Take on the role of Billie Lurk (aka Megan Foster), once one of Dunwall’s most notorious killers-for-hire. Reunited with your old mentor, the legendary assassin Daud, you undertake the greatest assassination ever conceived: killing the Outsider, a god-like figure whom Billie and Daud see as instrumental to some of the Empire’s most dishonorable moments. As you venture deep into the grimiest corners of Karnaca to uncover the mystery of the Outsider and his origins, you will face deadly opposition, ancient powers, and difficult decisions that will forever change the world around you.

854c7352c849451ddb1364a76929fe55b56d864f-scaled.jpg
View and download image

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin | PS4

Fight monsters and cultivate rice in this fascinating side-scrolling action title. Learn the ancient art of agriculture from planting to harvesting to cultivate the perfect crop. As a harvest goddess, Sakuna’s strength grows with each rice crop, with attributes such as aesthetic and flavor directly correlating to her combat abilities. Using farm tools as weapons, chain together quick, heavy, and special attacks to take down demonic beasts, while mastering the magical “divine raiment” will be essential to grapple distant platforms, evade danger, and overcome powerful enemies.

4974c91d3906921ac824f21a41bec8bbe8ffe4cd.jpg
View and download image

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition | PS4

The cinematic action-adventure that forced Lara Croft to grow from an inexperienced young woman into a hardened survivor has been re-built from PS3 to PS4, featuring an obsessively detailed Lara and a stunningly lifelike world. Lara must endure high-octane combat, customize her weapons and gear, and overcome gruelling environments to survive her first adventure and uncover the island’s deadly secret. The Definitive Edition of the critically acclaimed action-adventure includes bonus content and combines all of the downloadable content.

48985d766cc2de3e4d888860ee726dcbae65bb5a.jpg
View and download image

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration | PS4

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia. This 20 Year Celebration edition includes the “Blood Ties” single player content, PSVR support for “Blood Ties”, a ‘Lara’s Nightmare’ zombie combat mode, online Co-op play for Endurance mode, “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins.

744fb48f260a09f8542c8ec2922acf3d85002559.jpg
View and download image

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | PS4

Experience the final chapter of Lara’s origin as she races to save the world from a Mayan apocalypse. Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems. Tombs are more terrifying than ever before, requiring advanced traversal techniques to reach them, and once inside they are filled with deadly puzzles. Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest hub space ever found in a Tomb Raider game.

4c21c75bb57cab6a8cb738d349706bff59572a29.jpg
View and download image

Bus Simulator 21: Next Stop | PS4, PS5

Enjoy many game improvements and a brand-new game mode with this comprehensive update of the original Bus Simulator 21. Career Mode combines Sandbox Mode with the campaign’s economic system. You have access to all the bus stops and bus models right from the start of the game and don’t have to unlock everything gradually by completing missions. The PS5 version includes improved graphics, haptic feedback, adaptive trigger support, and 4K resolution.

1ff89906e097c2491519ab78a064e56cbc1b6a12.jpg

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Another massive month.

At this rate I might never buy another game again lol. (Well, except the AAA first party bangers)

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I've said it sometime ago PS+ Extra is just the best service at this point. Lack of day 1 games don't matter when your old games are newer and better than the competition "new games".

These games are being included on these services way too soon, I don't think Sony has learned it's lesson from Nintendo on how to not devalue your game. At this point you need to be really thirsty for a game to get it day 1.

The combination of raising prices to $70 and including all games on these service so soon is an absolute killer combination. The more you wait for a discount the closer you are to it being included on PS+. At this point it's day one or wait till it's on the service when it comes to Sony games, no in between. Physical copy in case I want to sell it later.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's like they don't want people to buy their games anymore. I already played Ratchet twice but I might play it again. I sold my copy.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Buried in Premium there's the Ghostbusters remastered on PS4. I need to play that again.

And it's all the Tomb Raider games not just the first one like on the image. It's too much 🥵

Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If I'm not mistaken, Tomb Raider 1 (PS3 version) was a PS+ game at some point. TR 2 and 3 were on PS+ too before the new tiers were added.

Still very nice that the whole collection is there for those who haven't played them. Great games.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony giving away their PS5 games too early. But better than a PC port so I won't complain. I'll finally be able to play watch dogs.

Too early? Ratchet came out in 2021? Horizon was last year? I think if they were not trying to sell DLC game would not be on the service so early for Horizon.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony bet on older but better / more important games is so much better for a service like this.

Xbox puts way too much emphasis on indies and day 1 flops that everyone could see coming. The vast majority of indies appeal to almost no one and they require a much better process of curation. Flopped games add zero value regardless if it was included day 1 or not.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Tomb Raider DE could get an influx of new players... may allow me to get the plat after I laid off on it for years. Good month but I got most of that already.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I have most of those, anything I really want I'm pretty sure.

Here is DCGuy's video.... he is pretty happy with it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If Sony isn't working hard to have native PS3 retro on PS5 they are beyond stupid. That would be such a massive win for everyone. So many great games are stuck on PS3. They are still using PS3 hardware on their serves in 2023, that is just bush-league.

I also wonder if what we are seeing now is Sony leveraging the fact that they have the much bigger service to just bury Gamepass like they did with Gold.

I have most of those, anything I really want I'm pretty sure.

Here is DCGuy's video.... he is pretty happy with it.

Dude already opens talking nonsense, PS+ has the quantity and the quality in it's favor.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm looking at the comments elsewhere and some people just can't bring themself to admit PS+ Extra is better than GP. They've been conditioned by the media because of the "Day 1" but their Day 1 are all trash.

56 Meta for Redfall
60 for Ravenlok
62 for Benedict Fox

Sony first-party is unbeatable no matter how many games they dump on GP.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
lmao Sony lapping up gamepass with old content. Day 1 gamepass was nothing but a buzzword for deprived subscribers. Sony is now in a position where they can release 1-2 year old AAA games on PS+ and still exceed both the quality and quantity of GP.

common sony W

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm looking at the comments elsewhere and some people just can't bring themself to admit PS+ Extra is better than GP. They've been conditioned by the media because of the "Day 1" but their Day 1 are all trash.

56 Meta for Redfall
60 for Ravenlok
62 for Benedict Fox

Sony first-party is unbeatable no matter how many games they dump on GP.
Notice just how much the media gives no credit to the quality of PS+. It exposes how manipulative and abusive of their position the gaming media is (a good lesson to learn for life).

When has the media ever criticized MS for hiding numbers, for the trash that is Games with Gold, called them anti-consumer for establishing paid online, pointed out the hypocrisy of their cross-play stance, complained about all the fake trailers Xbox produced in recent years, brought attention to how incredibly bad Phil's track-record of producing games is, had issues with how awful the Series S is or how the Series X fails to live up to expectations. I would legit like to know about a single good website that covers games reliably, calling things like they are. Sony wouldn't get away with any of it as they get held accountable for much smaller mistakes.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
At this point we pretty much have every Syphon Filter game, i guess Resistance Retribution is next since Sony Bend worked on that

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I've had PS Plus Extra and gotten some great games out of it. More than I have time to play

My issue with these services is that I am more time poor than money poor. It's probably a better investment to just buy the games I want

For me a universal demo system would be better