PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for May: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Humanity, Watch Dogs: Legion

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nice to see Syphon Filter and Tetsuya Mizuguchi back!

Also, it's funny to see that month after month Microsoft keeps adding new games at PS+. This year they added way more games to PS+ than to GP!

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Too early? Ratchet came out in 2021? Horizon was last year? I think if they were not trying to sell DLC game would not be on the service so early for Horizon.
Yep too early. I think every PS5 exclusive has hit their subscription service at some point. (miles,returnal,demon souls) I don't think PS Premium has enough subscribers to harm sales so it's not too bad.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You know what's funny about this whole thing? Gamepass was supposed to be the savior of xbox, and then they took their eyes off the prize and spent all their resources on the actiblizz deal which is now completely dead...meanwhile gamepass content suffered. Jimbo was clearly expecting Microsoft to be putting up stiffer competition going by the quality of games that are going on the service, and now I think most people agree that PS+ is the better offering (given that the "day and date" drops on gamepass have been really bad or niche for about a year now). I can't imagine a more complete failure at being an executive than Phil Spenceezy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You know what's funny about this whole thing? Gamepass was supposed to be the savior of xbox, and then they took their eyes off the prize and spent all their resources on the actiblizz deal which is now completely dead...meanwhile gamepass content suffered. Jimbo was clearly expecting Microsoft to be putting up stiffer competition going by the quality of games that are going on the service, and now I think most people agree that PS+ is the better offering (given that the "day and date" drops on gamepass have been really bad or niche for about a year now). I can't imagine a more complete failure at being an executive than Phil Spenceezy.
There must have been some kind of internal mishaps that caused the drought of games they are in. I don't think that a company with 25 studios ever managed to not ship a major game in such a long time.