Playstation portal review thread and |OT| "The power is now in your hands" |UP| Accolades Trailer.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Are you able to change the channel bandwidth instead? That may help.

Didn't change much changing the bandwith.

Even though my connection was decent on the non DFS 5ghz channels, it seems even better on the DFS 5ghz channels as there is literally no one else in the neighborhood using these channels. Now i'm having second thoughts on using ethernet with decent performance on wifi.

Probably another thing others can look into if their router allows using DFS channels, and you don't live near an airport or somewhere with alot of stuff flying over you that could intefere.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Didn't change much changing the bandwith.

Even though my connection was decent on the non DFS 5ghz channels, it seems even better on the DFS 5ghz channels as there is literally no one else in the neighborhood using these channels. Now i'm having second thoughts on using ethernet with decent performance on wifi.

Probably another thing others can look into if their router allows using DFS channels, and you don't live near an airport or somewhere with alot of stuff flying over you that could intefere.
Wired will always give better speeds and higher reliability than even the absolute best WiFi connection, so keep the PS5 wired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Ended up wiring everything up as wifi was still occasionally stuttery even on empty channels.

Connection is smooth as butter right now.
Pro-tip: in addition to wire anything you can instead of using wifi, try to switch off -not even in rest mode- or disable the wifi of any devices that have wifi (phones, tablets, pc, consoles, smart tvs, smart speakers or smart whatever...) while streaming.

Because they apparently aren't downloading anything may doing stuff in background such as to downlading OS/app/game updates or check out if there are OS/app/game updates, of if you received new mails or notifications in social media, etc. Totally switching off them or disabling wifi you make sure they don't do anything, consume no bandwith, no interferences, keep more channels free and your router can focus on a single communication.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatKaz
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Pro-tip: in addition to wire anything you instead of using wifi there, switch off -not even in rest mode- or disable the wifi any devices that have wifi (phones, tablets, pc, consoles, smart tvs, smart speakers or smart whatever...) while streaming.

Because they apparently aren't downloading anything may doing stuff in background such as to downlading OS/app/game updates or check out if there are OS/app/game updates, of if you received new mails or notifications in social media, etc. Totally switching off them or disabling wifi you make sure they don't do anything, consume no bandwith, no interferences and keep more channels free.
Thanks.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Pro-tip: in addition to wire anything you can instead of using wifi, try to switch off -not even in rest mode- or disable the wifi of any devices that have wifi (phones, tablets, pc, consoles, smart tvs, smart speakers or smart whatever...) while streaming.

Because they apparently aren't downloading anything may doing stuff in background such as to downlading OS/app/game updates or check out if there are OS/app/game updates, of if you received new mails or notifications in social media, etc. Totally switching off them or disabling wifi you make sure they don't do anything, consume no bandwith, no interferences, keep more channels free and your router can focus on a single communication.
Totally unnecessary if you have a halfway decent router.

On a lot of routers, you can set Quality of Service rules to prioritize devices and/or services. Prioritize Remote Play and the Portal and your problem is solved without having to play WiFi janitor.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Managed to finally snag the portal.

And when it rains it pours.

Ordered in the morining from a retailer who put the delivery date of the 19th, later ps direct restocked and ordered from there as the delivery date should be next week.

Now trying to get the first order cancelled.

Highly recommend hotstock app, no way i would have known when these restocks where happening without it.
Thanks finally got one using hotstock and it's suppose to come before christmas!

@JAHGamer @anonpuffs

Reactions: FatKaz and JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Managed to get one from Walmart during their last restock. Can't wait to get it and put some serious time into BG3.
Ahhhhhhh (screaming) I'm happy for you Bro, yeah mine suppose to come by Saturday :)

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I’ll know in a few days if my wife got me one for Christmas!
OH shit word? Nice I hope it comes through. My wife tried but she's not good with restock apps I stead she got me the "Creed" Cologne lol I said damn don't ever spend $400 on a damn Cologne!!! (I spend generally like $120 tops).

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
OH shit word? Nice I hope it comes through. My wife tried but she's not good with restock apps I stead she got me the "Creed" Cologne lol I said damn don't ever spend $400 on a damn Cologne!!! (I spend generally like $120 tops).
Putting together little things she has said and the way she acted when I talked about checking stores for one, I have a feeling she got me one.

Either that or she REALLY doesn’t want me to have one.