PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
yeah, if they want the next console to cost $1500

Exactly and chuck backwards compatibility out of the window.

Sony have already been bitten by Nvidia when they chucked in that dated GPU into the PS3.

Yet charged extortionate prices for it.

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark
2mMNNfI.png
Nice find man! (y)

Reactions: Bryank75 and Evilms

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Since the first time I set foot on Xbox Live two decades ago, I have known that the community's behavior was not normal.

Microsoft cultivated this community of people in order to help them sell more consoles and more software and more subscriptions... They gave these weirdos a platform by giving them access and information... And ultimately it has helped lead them to their undoing.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Microsoft cultivated this community of people in order to help them sell more consoles and more software and more subscriptions... They gave these weirdos a platform by giving them access and information... And ultimately it has helped lead them to their undoing.
Well the head boss is one such weirdo so it's not that surprising

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Never go full retard...
Cerny had zero to do with the console's price.

If anything, he designed the cheapest possible mid-gen upgrade: a 60% bigger GPU using AMD's latest architecture that has faster RT and 2nd-gen tensor accelerators that he could use for AI based upscaling.

Same CPU, same I/O, same RAM width using faster GDDR6, and call it a day.

One can easily tell Cerny built a very cost-effective machine by leaning heavily on the use of AI upscaling, and any less than this would've made for a ridiculously weak and pointless upgrade.

THe PS5 Pro's price point came from Sony's bean counters who decided to treat their enthusiast customers like F2P whales, or full on Pay Pigs in the case of EU customers.

If I had to guess, Cerny was disappointed by the console's final price.

• they're_right_you_know
  • brain
Reactions: Entropi and Landiri