PlayStation Publisher sale on Steam (up to 75% off)

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Screenshot-20220915-174559-Chrome.jpg

Get em while they're hot!

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Then again, these games are also frequently on sale on PSN as well. HZD was even given away for free at one point.

All those games were free either with your ps5 purchase and plus membership or plus in general over the years.

Reactions: Bryank75

Fahdi

8 Jul 2022
Lahore, Pakistan
Region Scalpers fucked my region up by switching over and making greedy Sony re-consider putting prices back to US ones on Steam. I was lucky to get HZD for $15 on launch. Fuck Sony too.

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
one is considerably newer than the other?
A little more than 2 years between them (I know it’s a remaster but still) is not really a big gap. They’re both old games.

I think Sony tested the water at 60 on PC for an old game and didn’t see good results. Hopefully they keep their next games at 50 but I’m probably wrong.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I imagine sales are not exactly what Sony expected 🔥
Sony is the one who decides if their games go on sale and what the discounts are for each price.

I think Sony tested the water at 60 on PC for an old game and didn’t see good results.
Sony said the results were better than they expected and as a result increased their planned investment/yearly output of future PC ports.

Sony did $80M the last FY and this one with GoW, both Spider-Mans and both Uncharteds they plan to make $300M. Very profitable business considering the low cost of the ports and that these games already generated all they could on console.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Thank you Dynamitecop aka "neutral gamer" for this thread. I've seen a few gd things.

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
Sony said the results were better than they expected and as a result increased their planned investment/yearly output of future PC ports.

Sony did $80M the last FY and this one with GoW, both Spider-Mans and both Uncharteds they plan to make $300M. Very profitable business considering the low cost of the ports and that these games already generated all they could on console.
I just can't help but feel Spiderman would have had a higher ATH concurrent players on Steam during launch if they asked 49.99 for it. I honestly thought it would go higher than God of War but maybe I overestimated the popularity of Spiderman. I wonder how much they'll ask for TLOU Part 1.

OP
OP
DynamiteCop

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I just can't help but feel Spiderman would have had a higher ATH concurrent players on Steam during launch if they asked 49.99 for it. I honestly thought it would go higher than God of War but maybe I overestimated the popularity of Spiderman. I wonder how much they'll ask for TLOU Part 1.
People on PC don't value their games yet, they need to come in at reasonable prices relative to basically everything else on the platform in order to retain customers.

Reactions: Midn1ght

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Launch sales on Steam are a small portion of the total sales. In PC players mainly buy when discounted, and I assume more in the case of a game like thes ones, which are ports of 4 years old games (10 in the case of TLOU) that already sold like 20M+ copies and have been included on PS+ before being released on PC.

They got very happy with GoW early launch, Horizon and Days Gone, so I understand they got optimistic with their current FY mainly with GoW non-early launch numbers plus Uncharted bundle + Spider-Man games. For the next FY, I assume TLOU will be $60 like Spider-Man maybe because it got recent work with the remake, or maybe $50 because it's a 10 years old game and may want to increase the userbase before the tv series get released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midn1ght

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Has anyone actually played that Predator game? I remember hearing it was pretty good but as much as I love online games I’ve never been crazy about those Hunter vs Prey games where it’s 3 v 1 like Evolve or something.

I wonder if it has cross play. It would probably need it at this point. I mean do have the game from ps plus in some form but I never touched it. Love predator too…

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Has anyone actually played that Predator game? I remember hearing it was pretty good but as much as I love online games I’ve never been crazy about those Hunter vs Prey games where it’s 3 v 1 like Evolve or something.

I wonder if it has cross play. It would probably need it at this point. I mean do have the game from ps plus in some form but I never touched it. Love predator too…

I keep wanting to play it, I only played one game ages ago and as one of the soldiers....

I believe it does have crossplay, the thing that I really like is the massive amount of customization for the predators.