PlayStation should partner with global broadband providers to include PS5 as part of contracts.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
The average broadband contract lasts 12 months and costs anywhere between 50 to 100 dollars on average.

Creating a deal where PS5 is included in the annual contract would get a lot more units into more houses globally and help with the possibility of less retail options with GameStop facing challenges.

The contract would need to apportion approximately 30 to 40 dollars of the gross to covering the console cost.

Do you think this is a viable strategy?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You guys really want PlayStation to turn into Xbox.

Stop trying to copy everything Xbox did years ago, it didn't work at all.

Focus on making a console that is good enought that people will gladly pay $500 for a product that will last them for a decade.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
"You Guys" take one comment from one person and make it general.
A lot of companies have done this over the years not just Xbox, New Phone contract? get a IPad / Laptop / Disney+ / Netflix included for only bla bla a Month.

But i will agree that i only want them to give value to the product that it can and will sell just on its own merits.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Stop trying to copy everything Xbox did years ago, it didn't work at all.

Focus on making a console that is good enought that people will gladly pay $500 for a product that will last them for a decade.
Honestly this is nothing new.

I've seen deals in the past with ps4s coming with mobile contracts in the UK.

I don't know how effective it is though.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The average broadband contract lasts 12 months and costs anywhere between 50 to 100 dollars on average.

Creating a deal where PS5 is included in the annual contract would get a lot more units into more houses globally and help with the possibility of less retail options with GameStop facing challenges.

The contract would need to apportion approximately 30 to 40 dollars of the gross to covering the console cost.

Do you think this is a viable strategy?
I see EE network. I think it is called advertising on the TV a lot; they are always talking about the best gamers network, and they always have some kids playing on an Xbox controller in their advertising.

There might already be some sort of deal like that available.

If my memory serves me correctly, years ago, some phone companies, Phones for u, were offering a free console when you signed a 24 month contract with them, this is a base ps4 i think.