PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Working in GoWR is working in an original (new, not reboot/remake) game, and a special one: the fastest selling ever PS exclusive. Basically all the AAA games have a lead studio and multiple other support studios, many of them often external outsourcing companies.

Yet they hinted they were working on something else that's not god of war. It's much more likely than them referring to that as working as a support studio.

There's clearly 4 things there, 3 of them released already: Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, and God of War. The 4th one is the original content.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yet they hinted they were working on something else that's not god of war. It's much more likely than them referring to that as working as a support studio.

There's clearly 4 things there, 3 of them released already: Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, and God of War. The 4th one is the original content.

By the end of 2022 -when this card was made- they already had shipped GoWR, so they were starting to work in their next game, their current project (the one of the box without weapon).

Basically all their devs are credited in GoWR and didn't have enough designers to design their own AAA game. They weren't working on another game at the same time that they were working in GoWR.

According to the IGN interview from when they were bought, he was talking about GoWR (they still didn't have announced to be working there) as original content, because it's an original/new game and the only game they were working on back then.

In the card they show the boxes opened of their 3 most recently shipped games: GoWR, Demon's Souls and SoTC. Plus a one to be open that represents the next game they'll ship, the one they were starting to work in back then since they shipped GowR in late 2022.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
By the end of 2022 -when this card was made- they already had shipped GoWR, so they were starting to work in their next game, their current project (the one of the box without weapon).

Basically all their devs are credited in GoWR and didn't have enough designers to design their own AAA game. They weren't working on another game at the same time that they were working in GoWR.

According to the IGN interview from when they were bought, he was talking about GoWR (they still didn't have announced to be working there) as original content, because it's an original/new game and the only game they were working on back then.

In the card they show the boxes opened of their 3 most recently shipped games: GoWR, Demon's Souls and SoTC. Plus a one to be open that represents the next game they'll ship, the one they were starting to work in back then since they shipped GowR in late 2022.

So they are working on original content? Good to see you concede that, instead of insisting GoW is "original content".

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So they are working on original content? Good to see you concede that, instead of insisting GoW is "original content".
Yes, they said that after Demon's Souls they were moving to 'the next step' after remasters and remakes, to work in 'original content'.

The first 'original content' has been to codevelop GoWR as support team. The second seems that apparently will be also another support job in other new (so 'original content' too) PS Studios AAA game, but they are starting to build a proper design team to handle themselves their own AAA game in the future.

My personal bet is that after 2 games working as a support studio in new AAA PS Studios games they'll start to work as lead studio in their future games after them. I'd bet that when working on their own games they'll first use one of the existing IPs where they worked on if their original studio is too busy with someone else or is tired of them (who knows, maybe Uncharted, GoW, Demon's Souls...) and after a couple of sequels leaded by them then they'd move to an original IP.

I wouldn't expect them to go back to remasters or remakes. If something maybe a highly changed remake to the point that it's more a reboot than something else.

If you think that a new game like GoWR (where the whole Bluepoint staff has been credited) isn't original content then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Just the fact that T8 and MK1 will be there is already KREYYYYYYYYYYYYGASMMMMMMMMMMM
3TCnaRi.jpg

Add to that Spiderman 2, likely also Stellar Blade, Rise of ronin, and other first reveal for Sony 1st games. BRUH
1qlpCFy.jpg

Just put in DQ12 and persona 6 for the ultimate achievement
IHPouQk.jpg

What? i'm asking for too much??!!
Q9n9OES.jpg

Nope, after 2 years of Silence from Sony they have to deliver BIG TIME
GPD7TPw.jpg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Agree with others i'd be annoyed if they spend any significant time talking about PC ports.

Who is gonna be the majority watching this showcase? That's the question jimbo needs to be asking himself.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Agree with others i'd be annoyed if they spend any significant time talking about PC ports.

Who is gonna be the majority watching this showcase? That's the question jimbo needs to be asking himself.

It would be a massive waste of time and you are basically insulting the people you are presenting to, who came there after 2 years for new games.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

I think the pc ports will be at Geoff's show instead of this one.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
It seems like Cory Barlog "deleted" his Twitter again. I don't want to get my hopes up, but he did something similar before Ragnarok's release date.

Reactions: Kyoji

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It seems like Cory Barlog "deleted" his Twitter again. I don't want to get my hopes up, but he did something similar before Ragnarok's release date.
Cory said that after the GoW2018 release interviews tour he was going to take a long vacation of a month or two with their family, and that after it he was going to work pitch to Sony a new IP created by him. I assume that with all the GoW2018 success, Hermen would greenlight whatever Cory pitches so if they started to work in this new IP in summer/autumn 2018, to announce it 5 years later in this PS Showcase is super likely.

• Informative
Reactions: Kyoji

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
2 billions gifts from me if Maximilian can talk Tekken more than 10 seconds without "Blabla guest characters, blabla Guest characters, blabla Guest characters"