PlayStation Showcase: Preppers thread

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
You have more chance to sleep with Amanda Cerny tonight than getting all of this in a Showcase.
Don't see why if the point of the showcase is to reveal phase 2 of PS5 like hinted.

I'm expecting a showcase equivalent to the PS5 reveal games lineup at least

The GTA6 thing was a joke because Rockstar will do their own. But the rest lines up with dev time lines, what has been rumoured and a lack of reveals in recent times

Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Needs to be a big one

My expectations are:

• Kick off with Spiderman 2 gameplay. September 2023
  • FFVII Remake Part 2
  • Haven game reveal with Jade Raymond
  • Firewalk game reveal where COD would normally be
  • Next Bluepoint game
  • Trailer for next Astrobot
  • Trailer for PixelOpus game
  • Silent Hill remake trailer
  • MGS3 exclusive remake announced
  • DS2 trailer - still cryptic and not giving much away
  • Sony Bend new game reveal
  • Very short Ghost of Tsushima 2 teaser
  • Amazon God of War teaser with Cory Barlog, confirms Chris Judge and Sunny Suljic in the show. Barlog teases his new game
  • End show with the Last of Us Factions 2
  • One more thing: GTA6 trailer
I don't expect FF7R at all. It would go against FF16.
There is more chances for SoP dedicated to FF7R later, like October, November.
So much you expect, 100% you gonna be disappointed 😞

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Don't see why if the point of the showcase is to reveal phase 2 of PS5 like hinted.

I'm expecting a showcase equivalent to the PS5 reveal games lineup at least

The GTA6 thing was a joke because Rockstar will do their own. But the rest lines up with dev time lines, what has been rumoured and a lack of reveals in recent times

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I don't expect FF7R at all. It would go against FF16.
There is more chances for SoP dedicated to FF7R later, like October, November.
So much you expect, 100% you gonna be disappointed 😞
Depends when the showcase is

FFXVI is in June. It may already be out by the time the showcase, or so close that showing FFXVI would be inconsequential. Or they could show both

They have already revealed VII Part 2 so I don't think they are that concerned they might get too much attention

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
ps-showcase.jpg

We have waited, we are hungry for the big presentation. Many of us have been anticipating for a long time, every aspect of this show.

This is a place to gather, discuss rumors, talk about what you want to see in the show, make wagers, plan your viewing and drinks and snacks etc.

Make yourselves at home.

Talk beer, talk snacks.....

Talk games, talk hardware....

Make a list of games you think will be shown, we might have some things to give away to those who guess most accurately.
Can’t wait to see what they have got to show. I’ll be watching with a pizza 🍕 in hand. I am expecting remake part 2 since I think that will only boost excitement for 16 since it’s so close to release by then.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Damn, I thought it finally got announced lol

I'm gonna keep my expectations in check.

All I want is Spider-Man 2 gameplay reveal and The Last of Us Multiplayer gameplay reveal with launch window. All the rest is gravy.

Silent Hill 2 Remake is expected this year, so gameplay of that would be good.

Helldivers 2 got a leaked trailer, and they've been working on that for a bit, so the official trailer should be there too.

Maybe an update on what other first party studios are up to? Like Pixelopus, Asobi, Bend.

Could be too early, but Bluepoint next project too.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd like to see:
  • Spider-Man 2 gameplay + release date
  • Wolverine gameplay + release date
  • TLOU Online gameplay + release date
  • Stellar Blade & Rise of the ronin gameplay + release date
  • Firewalk new IP gameplay reveal
  • Bungie new IP gameplay reveal
  • Sony Santa Monica new IP gameplay reveal
  • Woke free Bluepoint's Uncharted 5 gameplay reveal
  • PSVR2 compatible new Wipeout by Firesprite announced
  • New Team Asobi game gameplay reveal (doesn't require PSVR2)
  • Capcom acquisition announced
  • PS4 portable announced
  • Bloodborne 2 by From Software logo
But I think we won't see most of these things, specially PS4 portable, any acquisition and the Wipeout game.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Box and Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm really hoping for a Stellar Blade release date
One day people will learn not to get hyped about games made by some unknown devs doing their first game.

I'd like to see:
  • Spider-Man 2 gameplay + release date
  • Wolverine gameplay + release date
  • TLOU Online gameplay + release date
  • Stellar Blade & Rise of the ronin gameplay + release date
  • Firewalk new IP gameplay reveal
  • Bungie new IP gameplay reveal
  • Sony Santa Monica new IP gameplay reveal
  • Woke free Bluepoint's Uncharted 5 gameplay reveal
  • PSVR2 compatible new Wipeout by Firesprite announced
  • New Team Asobi game gameplay reveal (doesn't require PSVR2)
  • Capcom acquisition announced
  • PS4 portable announced
  • Bloodborne 2 by From Software logo
But I think we won't see most of these things, specially PS4 portable, any acquisition and the Wipeout game.
What is woke about Uncharted? You guys are obsessed with this stuff.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What is woke about Uncharted? You guys are obsessed with this stuff.
I didn't mean specially about Uncharted, I meant about the general pattern from many of their project where they are removing/replacing white/heterosexual/male main protagonists, not caring about how iconic, important for the IP and beloved they are.

And that includes Nate, making him retire and be replaced by more 'diverse' characters in Lost Legacy, leaving the white dudes in that game for bad guys and dumb character roles with (non white) uglified/androginized man-looking females that aren't vulnerable that show they are smarter/stronger/more capable than some (often white) males, or introducing some character that adds nothing to the work from some minority just for white signaling. I had enough of that in Netflix and similar.

I'm ok with also having lesbians, female protagonists (my favorite main character from the previous gen was Kat from Gravity Rush), non white people etc. in their games, but I don't want that being at the expenses of removing iconic characters I love, and to see them stopping making new protagonists designed to appeal a player like me (traditionally their main customer demographics) because of political agendas.

At least they didn't kill Nate, so there's a chance that if another team takes the IP may bring him back to the front without needing to make a prequel or a game set between previous chapters.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Zero expectations for a showcase to actually happen.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I didn't mean specially about Uncharted, I meant about the general pattern from many of their project where they are removing/replacing white/heterosexual/male main protagonists, not caring about how iconic, important for the IP and beloved they are.

And that includes Nate, making him retire and be replaced by more 'diverse' characters in Lost Legacy, leaving the white dudes in that game for bad guys and dumb character roles.

At least they didn't kill him, so there's a chance that if another team takes the IP may bring him back to the front. I'm ok with also having lesbians, female protagonists, non white people etc. in their games, but I don't want them to remove iconic characters I love because of political agendas.
There's nothing political about the existence of a character that isn't white.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Don't do this. Don't make it just about color to persuade the argument, like a "gotcha".

That woke girl power scene where what's her face (Nadine, was it?), handled both guys, experienced treasure hunter action men, handily, was ridiculous.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Don't do this. Don't make it just about color to persuade the argument, like a "gotcha".

That woke girl power scene where what's her face (Nadine, was it?), handled both guys, experienced treasure hunter action men, handily, was ridiculous.
I mean, you guys brought up color first. Just weird that shit that doesn't matter bothers you so much.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
True, as an example in the first Uncharted games the skin color didn't matter, as I think should be the case. Or in the first TLOU (including DLC), there were LGTB characters or a female protagonist and didn't matter. Wasn't important or political there, it was used naturally and the game didn't give it too much attention to it.

What it's political it's a political agenda of considering white male heterosexual protagonists as something problematic and toxic that has to be removed and replaced by non white, non male or non heterosexual, particularly in markets/niches where the majority of the audience are white heterosexual males.

And as part of that political agenda, to remove and replace these white/heterosexual/male protagonists with non-white/non-heterosexual/non-male protagonists plus to make all their female characters look less apealing to heterosexual males and trying to make them more trans & lesbian friendly.

It's ok to have Jin Sakai, Miles Morales, Ellie, etc., and having characters to appeal new demographics, niches or groups. But not ok removing (now almost) all their iconic male/heterosexual/white characters because of their skin color, sexual orientation, gender etc. and to uglify/androginize all their female characters. Specially to do because of wanting to not appeal their main customer demographic on purpose. It isn't a smart business move.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

And that includes Nate, making him retire and be replaced by more 'diverse' characters in Lost Legacy, leaving the white dudes in that game for bad guys and dumb character roles with (non white) uglified/androginized man-looking females that aren't vulnerable that show they are smarter/stronger/more capable than some (often white) males, or introducing some character that adds nothing to the work from some minority just for white signaling. I had enough of that in Netflix and similar.

I'm ok with also having lesbians, female protagonists (my favorite main character from the previous gen was Kat from Gravity Rush), non white people etc. in their games, but I don't want that being at the expenses of removing iconic characters I love, and to see them stopping making new protagonists designed to appeal a player like me (traditionally their main customer demographics) because of political agendas.

At least they didn't kill Nate, so there's a chance that if another team takes the IP may bring him back to the front without needing to make a prequel or a game set between previous chapters.
I don't identify with that at all, Drake arch is close to being perfect and they elevated him as a character in Uncharted 4. In a lot of way Uncharted 4 does to Drake what GoW 2018 did to Kratos (to a lesser degree because Drake was already a more flashed ou character), he becomes a lot more human and relatable.

To me it makes no sense for him to return the way he was, unless he is forced into it (and even that can only happen so many times). The Uncharted series need another protagonist and to be re-imagined, soft rebooted. The best thing is to leave Drake be.

In fact I didn't like Uncharted: Lost Legacy very much because they made Chloe boring and lame. But at the same time I didn't want Drake in it, they need to find another angle be it his daughter, it being set in a different era or something else. Uncharted as an IP has great potential that needs to explore, it's one of Sony's best and most versatile IPs.

I think you let this whole preoccupation with wokeness affect you too much, yes most western games developed by a bunch of leftists are going to be woke (who else is going to make the games?). The irony is that you being bothered by it sort of justify them doing it, it's the same thing that happen with Joel, people reaction to is just proves how Druckmann was able to hit a nerve. Ellie/Aloy being gay or Drake/Joel being a white male doesn't matter to you why does it matter so much?

All I want are quality game with good story and I don't care if I'm represented or not.