PlayStation Showcase Speculation 2023 [OT]

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Many of the larger unofficial PlayStation Twitter accounts have started posting the below image, many are assuming it means a showcase is imminent.

This would also link into what Jeff Grubb has said about a PS Showcase coming in May or before Summer Gamesfest with Geoff Keighley.

I want to know... what do you realistically expect, what are your dream announcements? Should it be all games? Some hardware too? Mostly first party or an even mix?

Throw in any details that you think are relevant! (Such as your favorite snack to have during a showcase or if you'll have a beer...)

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Why would that image mean a showcase is imminent? I doubt anyone would know that especially Zuby Tech.

I don’t expect anything until May and i expect the highlights to be spider-man 2, factions, and whatever else live service and 3rd party deals are. Possibility dates for stellar blade and helldivers also

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
super earth GIF by Arrowhead Game Studios

metal gear solid mgs GIF

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Probably Spiderman, some VR project, TLOU mp and third party stuff. Would be a pleasant surprise if one of their smaller teams had something OR they pushed Dreams somehow.

Reactions: Bryank75

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Better be a good one. And I hope it's not all about projects we've seen. Bring out the big guns and shows us projects beyond what we know.

This slow trickle of info was ridiculous. It's time for a blowout.

Last edited:
  • fire

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony E3 2013 - 2020
Sony E3 2014 - 2021
Sony E3 2015 - 2022
Sony E3 2016 - 2023

Hopefully the showcase will be on the same level as 2016.
PS5 Showcases have been fairly good but something like E3 2016 is exactly what we need at this point. We need to be able too look forward to the games that will arrive two years from now or even further down the line.

Probably Spiderman, some VR project, TLOU mp and third party stuff. Would be a pleasant surprise if one of their smaller teams had something OR they pushed Dreams somehow.
Boring.

P

peter42O

I'm going with Thursday June 8th at 6pm EST. Keighley kicks off his Summer Game Fest earlier in the day and since he is a PlayStation guy, not a bad move to be "connected" with the PlayStation Showcase.

My expectations/predictions are as follows -

- Marvel's Spider Man 2 gameplay reveal trailer and release date. I'm staying with November.
- Stellar Blade gameplay trailer and release date. Late August/early September is my guess.
- Helldivers 2 reveal trailer. 2024.
- Factions 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) gameplay reveal. Either Holiday 2023 or early 2024.
- Deviation Games gameplay reveal. 2024.
- Official game reveal from that leak you guys posted a few months ago.
- PSVR 2 segment. No interest whatsoever but I would be shocked if it doesn't have a segment during their showcase.
- Silent Hill 2 remake gameplay trailer. 2024.
- Metal Gear Solid 3 remake/remaster reveal trailer.
- Maybe Twisted Metal reveal.
- Perhaps a teaser trailer for Bluepoint's next game. Hoping for a Legend of Dragoon remake with real time combat or Jak & Daxter remake trilogy.
- Avatar gameplay teaser trailer. Sony has the marketing deal and Ubisoft Forward is Monday, June 12th so I can see a teaser for it. Holiday 2023 or March 2024. Depends on when AC Mirage is releasing.
- Ubisoft+ being available as a separate subscription service announcement.
- Plenty of third party timed/full/multi-platform games.
- PlayStation Handheld reveal and release date. Late 2023.
- I don't expect to see the revised PlayStation 5 model with the separate disc drive attachment. If it's late this year, then I think it gets revealed in September. Similar to PS4 Slim/Pro in 2016.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I better see TLOU factions with a 2023 release date or I'm officially checked out of Naughty dog. No reason this game which should've been half finished in 2020 takes 3+ more years.

Reactions: Deleted member 223
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
For me... I REALLY need some MGS in my life...

I'd love to see some of Wolverine gameplay, something to do with the future of GOW, a modern military / tactical shooter third or first person... maybe Socom.

I'd love to see a Pro model announced or hinted at and a big acquisition too.... but they are my crazy dream desires for the show.