PlayStation Showcase Speculation 2023 [OT]

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Software: New IPs, Factions, anything Bloodborne, a remake/remasteres of MGS games, GTA6, RDR2 PS5 version, PS3 retro.

Hardware: PS5 Slim, PS5 Pro and PS4 Portable are the stuff I want. Fuck Cloud gaming.

These Insomniac Marvel games as well as anything Horizon just don't get me hyped despite them being fine.

For me... I REALLY need some MGS in my life...

I'd love to see some of Wolverine gameplay, something to do with the future of GOW, a modern military / tactical shooter third or first person... maybe Socom.

I'd love to see a Pro model announced or hinted at and a big acquisition too.... but they are my crazy dream desires for the show.
A PS5 only DLC for God of War Ragnarok makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I hope we see what all the studios we've had radio silence from for a while are working on.

Sucker Punch
Haven
Deviation
Media Molecule
Guerrilla's other team
TLOU factions
Bluepoint - love the idea of a Jak trilogy remake @peter42O
Sony Bend

Add to that:
Lots of VR content, hopefully
Some 3rd party reveals

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
All I can confirm about any upcoming show is that we will see half shaved purple/ pink/ green hair women. Probably chubby and wearing glasses.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Probably Spiderman, some VR project, TLOU mp and third party stuff. Would be a pleasant surprise if one of their smaller teams had something OR they pushed Dreams somehow.
Thinking on it a little bit, there is perhaps a bit more for them.

Goodbye Volcano High probably gets another trailer if it isn't already our yet and the Ballistic Moon acquisition, if it indeed occured, would be announced. Possibly a DQ trailer, or MH, if one is in the pipes.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
All I know is after the last 2 years of radio silence Sony 1st party better have a 2 hour blowout with true next-gen only mindblowing games

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 223
P

peter42O

Bluepoint - love the idea of a Jak trilogy remake

I never played the original three Jak games or the original Ratchet games. Ratchet 2016 made me a fan and I loved Rift Apart so due to liking these two games, I would like to see Jak trilogy get remade because im not going to play the older games but a remake trilogy would be day one for me. I'm not expecting this to happen but im hoping that it does.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Media Molecule s mismanaged. They re way too talented to spend decade developing engine for games (which s not on pc btw).

Jimbo cut the crap and put them on some quality ip. Platformer or whatever.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Media Molecule s mismanaged. They re way too talented to spend decade developing engine for games (which s not on pc btw).

Jimbo cut the crap and put them on some quality ip. Platformer or whatever.
Seorusly as cool as dreams is, this team is insanely creative and can do better things.

I very well hope they are working on an IP that is more for the playstation audience.

D

Deleted member 223

I will forever be glad that no matter how much people beg for Jak back that no one at Sony is crazy enough to devote resources to it.

The lesser of all the Sony mascots does not deserve revival. Crash > Sly Cooper > Sackboy > Astrobot > Ratchet > Jak/Knack. My tastes obv.

Media Molecule wanted off LBP and dreaded becoming a 2D/3D platformer factory. Dreams was their dream. Mind you that's when I stopped playing their output but it's their choice. They're a very small lot of highly creative talent. VR may be their future.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
I will forever be glad that no matter how much people beg for Jak back that no one at Sony is crazy enough to devote resources to it.

The lesser of all the Sony mascots does not deserve revival. Crash > Sly Cooper > Sackboy > Astrobot > Ratchet > Jak/Knack. My tastes obv.

Media Molecule wanted off LBP and dreaded becoming a 2D/3D platformer factory. Dreams was their dream. Mind you that's when I stopped playing their output but it's their choice. They're a very small lot of highly creative talent. VR may be their future.
knack > all video games

• Surprised

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Cory Barlog new IP
FFXVI & FFVIIR2
Spider Man 2
KH4
Bend Studio new IP
Deviation Games new IP
Persona 3 Remake and Persona 6
Helldivers 2
Housemarque new IP
Silent Hill 2
Ghost of tsushima 2
Death Stranding 2
FROM SOFTWARE collab
Bungie new IP
Naughty Dog new IP
GTAVI teaser

Last edited:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
What I expect:
-Spider Man 2
-TLOU: Factions
-Death Stranding 2
-VR Astro bot game
-FF7Rebirth

What I'd love to see but wont happen:
-Anything Bloodborne
-New Naughty Dog IP
-New Cory Barlog IP
-Upcoming Bluepoint game
-Remake of Legend of Dragoon
-Persona 6
-Returnal 2
-New Wipeout

D

Deleted member 417

My wants?

KOTOR remake update
Factions
VR2 first party games and general info
New surprises
Dragons dogma 2 exclusive to ps5*
A whole sizzle reel of upcoming games.
Some non vr games getting vr treatment
Skyrim vr just for the laugh.
Vr youtube app
3d bluray support via vr

*I want more games to be exclusive to ps5 because Sony are the only ones pushing the boundaries of what can be done. Returnal and ratchet are richer games than anything MS has released.