Possibility of a new State of Play event to serve as a counterpunch to Microsoft

Will there be a surprise State of Play event so that Sony can throw a counterpunch to MS?

• Yes, in the next 45 days

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No, but maybe early next year

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe at The Game Awards

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No, they won't

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Sonys response:

Weve announced more cinematic experiences that’ll be available in 6-7 years see ya next gen folks! Here’s another snooze fest of cinematic rpgs from square Enix and rpgs in a fps viewpoint. You excited to watch a 3D model stare At you lifelessly while explaining the mission objectives? So am I folks! Let’s go 💪💪💪

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
No, of course not. Maybe next year around E3 time, or perhaps earlier if they want to push Rise of the Ronin.

Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023
My gut is telling me Sony has had knowledge of this for a LONG time, and thus has a stable of projects to unveil to make people forget about what Microsoft did.
No.
They will focus on Spider-Man 2.
And then there will be Geoff's The Game Awards where another Death Stranding 2 trailer will be shown.
Sony's studios aren't ready yet. Just look at the CG-fest that was their latest showcase.
The next big thing will be in summer 2024.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Sonys response:

Weve announced more cinematic experiences that’ll be available in 6-7 years see ya next gen folks! Here’s another snooze fest of cinematic rpgs from square Enix and rpgs in a fps viewpoint. You excited to watch a 3D model stare At you lifelessly while explaining the mission objectives? So am I folks! Let’s go 💪💪💪
FatLady shedding a tear right now after reading this 🥲

• haha
Reactions: Snes nes

Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023
.... rpgs in a fps viewpoint. You excited to watch a 3D model stare At you lifelessly while explaining the mission objectives? So am I folks! Let’s go 💪💪💪
nKyWSlVt_o.jpg

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Did you miss the Spider-Man 2 launch trailer? Tomorrow reviews and then Friday the game release.

Nobody is going to be taking about MS buying Activision.

Sony continuing to release quality games how they continue to win in sales and brand perception.

Green rats and MS do not get this concept.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Did you miss the Spider-Man 2 launch trailer? Tomorrow reviews and then Friday the game release.

Sony continuing to release quality games how they continue to win in sales and brand perception.

Not even Phil Spencer gets the concept.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023

The review bombers are going to be out in full force Friday. Luckily I'm going to be to busy to see them. 😀
On side note I'm surprised we havent heard anything on Stellar Blade so they're probably holding that closer to whenever their next State of Play is probably going to announce it in a show that focuses more on their Chinese, and Korean partners.

Good guy Phil will be doing his usual thing of tweeting "Congratulations on the successful launch of Spiderman 2" on Playstation or Insomniacs page for PR.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Would be funny if they had a CoD state of play for this year's stuff. But knowing jim ryan he won't do shit.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Sonys response:

To be fair that's what they best known for.

Like Nintendo known for Mario with x, 2-3 shitty Pokemons released every gen that run like crap but still 10 mil copies easily

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Would be funny if they had a CoD state of play for this year's stuff. But knowing jim ryan he won't do shit.
I heard they still have marketing rights till 25'

From my POV, just cut ties with cod, once and for all. You have a big platform, promote other multiplayer games.

It is like drug addict try to cutting off drugs, you not supposed to do more drug

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I heard they still have marketing rights till 25'

From my POV, just cut ties with cod, once and for all. You have a big platform, promote other multiplayer games.

It is like drug addict try to cutting off drugs, you not supposed to do more drug
Nah they gotta get their money's worth.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Sonys response:

Weve announced more cinematic experiences that’ll be available in 6-7 years see ya next gen folks! Here’s another snooze fest of cinematic rpgs from Bethesda and rpgs in a fps viewpoint. You excited to watch a 3D model stare At you lifelessly while explaining the mission objectives? So am I folks! Let’s go 💪💪💪

So Sonys response would be a Hellblade 2 trailer and some more Microsoft bullshit?

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
  • haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima