Possibility of a new State of Play event to serve as a counterpunch to Microsoft

Will there be a surprise State of Play event so that Sony can throw a counterpunch to MS?

• Yes, in the next 45 days

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No, but maybe early next year

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe at The Game Awards

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No, they won't

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Im sure she’s going Brrr atm.

I mean just like every other franchise that Gets yearly releases it’s overrated.

Is that kotor?
hey at least be glad it still get a release.

Some of my favorite franchises to get a next installment is a distant dream

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
from my pov just cut ties with it as soon as you got an alternative.

it's like hand a portion of your live savings to your enemies
Thats why you're not ceo. The contract was already signed, you literally gain nothing by keeping the terms and might be on the hook for money if you break it.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Knowing Sony, they will likely ride 1 wave at a time to not flood shit out. They gonna let spider man 2 surf to Dec-Jan then come with a tsunami early 2024.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No they don't need to. And it's time they stop reacting to what the loser brand in gaming is doing.

They are about to release Spiderman 2, it is Xbox who needs to react.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Redfall absolutely bombed, Starfield came out to a whimper, followed forza which no one seemed to care about looking at steam numbers and where it landed on xbox most played.

Sony is about to drop an atomic bomb with spider-man 2, and without even revealing anything else they have FF7 Rebirth coming out after that. There’s really no rush for them to react to anything.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
To be fair that's what they best known for.

Like Nintendo known for Mario with x, 2-3 shitty Pokemons released every gen that run like crap but still 10 mil copies easily

To be fair Pokemon is made by Gamefreak not Nintendo, Nintendo just published it though they own 1/3rd of the pokemon company.

Gamefreak is Mojang levels of incompetent and lazy

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I don't see them showing any major games until the Video Game Awards.

If they want to make a counter punch, then they need to acquire some studios.

They’d be better off just waiting for the house of cards microsoft is building with 22k employees to tumble.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think Sony has to do anything, to be honest. Let's look at it objectively.

Xbox just has a VERY short marketing buzz after the acquisition closed that will wither away very soon; I feel like it already has somewhat. Besides, the ABK acquisition hasn't hurt Sony at all, considering COD isn't going anywhere. Sony will even the marketing rights for the next COD.

Spider-Man 2 is launching in ~4 days. It'll review extremely well, sell a ton of PS5s, and put PlayStation front and center.
Then comes the Game Awards, where Death Stranding 2 will appear. Stellar Blade and Rise of the Roning may also get release dates around that time.

So PlayStation, coming off the back of a successful launch of Spider-Man 2, will have more games to show and more games lined up:
  • Helldivers 2
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Concord
On the other hand, after the disappointing launch of Forza Motorsport, Xbox does not have ANY game lined up with a release date. We have no idea what's their next game and when it's releasing. NOTHING.

Sony has an open field for the next few months.

I think Sony will use that time to cook some more and blow out their load in Q2 or Q3 2024 with a big Showcase, showing games on a PS5 Pro to fully decimate Xbox.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They’d be better off just waiting for the house of cards microsoft is building with 22k employees to tumble.
This.

People are underestimating how big of a factor this is going to be in all this.
  • Microsoft could not manage 5 studios.
  • They acquired 13 more studios and ran into issues with Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3, Everwild, Halo Infinite, Forza Motorsport, etc.
  • Then they acquired Bethesda and ran into issues with Redfall and Starfield.
  • Now they have acquired Activision-Blizzard-King. They will only run into even more issues now.
We know what happened with Embracer; the same fate awaits Xbox Game Studios.