Potential impact of current gen Sony new IPs

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I loved Days Gone. My 2019 game of the year. It was my dream open world zombie game come true with a Sons of Anarchy feel to it.
I should give it another chance one day. It was one of the few Playstation games since PS3 I couldnt finish

Reactions: peter42O

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Because its a horrible game lol

It’s fans are worse than concords because they actually think it was successful
Leave us Concord fans out of this haha.

Days Gone just felt like it didnt have the quality of TLOU, GOW, Horizon, Spiderman, GOT. Well in Combat anyway.
I had just finished TLOU2 and jumped into Days Gone PS5 60fps. And when I did the melee combat part, and I was like…. This doesnt feel like a quality PS game. Im not with ND or Santa Monica anymore.

The cinematics, visuals, voice acting, facials animations etc were all good quality tnough. I just didnt give it a long enough try, first few hours didnt amaze me. But if Im in the mood for an open world game with a bike and zombies, i might try it again. Only if the combat gets better

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Leave us Concord fans out of this haha.

Days Gone just felt like it didnt have the quality of TLOU, GOW, Horizon, Spiderman, GOT. Well in Combat anyway.
I had just finished TLOU2 and jumped into Days Gone PS5 60fps. And when I did the melee combat part, and I was like…. This doesnt feel like a quality PS game. Im not with ND or Santa Monica anymore.

The cinematics, visuals, voice acting, facials animations etc were all good quality tnough. I just didnt give it a long enough try, first few hours didnt amaze me. But if Im in the mood for an open world game with a bike and zombies, i might try it again. Only if the combat gets better

Concord is a higher quality multiplayer game than Day’s Gone is a higher quality single player game

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Concord is a higher quality multiplayer game than Day’s Gone is a higher quality single player game
When it comes to combat, movement, gunplay, shooting gameplay etc, 100%.
In that regard it fits PS studio quality, along with music, presentation (ui, “smoothness” etc)

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Because its a horrible game lol

It's not a horrible game. And it's clearly a success since Sony was entertaining the idea for a movie spin off and also placed it in the PS+ collection as one of the best PS4 games 😬

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why would it be make or break for Bend? They have a 8 million selling game on PS4 and a game that sold 2 million on PC... They're safe no matter the outcome

I think there talent is there but not up with the rest of the PS Studios.
If there next game scores in the 70’s again, they might be moved to do other stuff in PS studios. Sales wise they did great and showed the power of the PS fanbase when most there AAA games that gen were selling big numbers 2016 onwards.

I mean it sold more than Bloodborne. But I personally wouldnt say its a better game or close in standards.

But they might be a big success in there next game. They got alot right, learn from there mistakes, just need to level up

I think Ready at Dawn deserved another chance too. Highly skilled in graphics animations, presentation. Gameplay was decent too…. When there was actually gameplay lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
What's the point on speculating on games we know nothing about and Sony seems to have no interest in showing us

Even with credible names like Kojima, Druckmann and Barlog attached it's hard to get excited.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think there talent is there but not up with the rest of the PS Studios.
If there next game scores in the 70’s again, they might be moved to do other stuff in PS studios. Sales wise they did great and showed the power of the PS fanbase when most there AAA games that gen were selling big numbers 2016 onwards.

I mean it sold more than Bloodborne. But I personally wouldnt say its a better game or close in standards.

But they might be a big success in there next game. They got alot right, learn from there mistakes, just need to level up

I think Ready at Dawn deserved another chance too. Highly skilled in graphics animations, presentation. Gameplay was decent too…. When there was actually gameplay lol
Sony was a small studio back then and it was their first console game in well over a decade..they did a great job. Yes it needed some more time to iron out some launch bugs. But the game had a good story, the tech was impressive and horde were also impressive, mechanics were good. Yes, combat wasn't that impressive but it also wasn't meant to be, he's just an average biker with average fighting skills lol. I don't know it was being compared to more action refined PS exclusives.

It's still one of the most impressive open world games as well. If the game gotten the Ghost of Tsushima treatment on PS5, I have no doubt it would have not been a 70's rated game but in the 80's.

Yes I agree about Ready at Dawn but unfortunately their IP was tarnished and I guess Sony didn't wanna invest another 5 years to start fresh with another IP.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, combat wasn't that impressive but it also wasn't meant to be, he's just an average biker with average fighting skills lol. I don't know it was being compared to more action refined PS exclusives.
Maybe because I went from the melee and combat in TLOU2 which was amazing

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
If Santa Monica and/or Naughty Dog did an pure RPG, that would be VERY interesting (yes, I am aware of Rings of Power by N.D.).

• they're_right_you_know

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

Sold over 10m copies which is better than a lot of higher (over)rated games such as Bloodborne. Days Gone was awesome!! As for Concord, of course the fans for Days Gone are worse because there aren't any fans for Concord. lmao :ROFLMAO: