Oh, it's not related to the Prey games.

This is a Predator film.

sci-fi hair flip GIF

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
A teen Indian girl defies her tribe by taking on the man’s role of being a hunter. Strong wamen need no man story set against a predator theme. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
A teen Indian girl defies her tribe by taking on the man’s role of being a hunter. Strong wamen need no man story set against a predator theme. Can’t wait.

Well I was under that impression too but I watched a few reviews and they say the trailers give a false impression and that she is quite like Ripley in Aliens rather than modern female characters that cannot do anything wrong and are just perfect in every way...

• brain
Reactions: Cragarmi

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Well I was under that impression too but I watched a few reviews and they say the trailers give a false impression and that she is quite like Ripley in Aliens rather than modern female characters that cannot do anything wrong and are just perfect in every way...
That’s lucky. From tobacco chewing testosterone machismo to a historic teen girl doing what men do, Initial impressions of forced modernism cannot be understated.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Plot summary.

Predator crash lands on the north Dakota hills.

It is starving to death.

Young female brave steals the war chief's ceremonial headpiece.

Head piece is made out of Turkey feathers

Female brave wears it, mistaken for a giant turkey by Predator

Hunt ensues.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yeah that's the impression I got from the initial trailer, but surprised to see the audience score is high.

Also sounds like there is a third faction involved.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
No hype because we all know what predator can do. There is no mystery.
But it could be fun seeing a stupid reasoning how they can somehow kill him with a bow

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Just finished watching with my son, we both really enjoyed it...

Gory kills, decent story, not too long....some good characters and character development. Predator movement is very cool.

my main negatives... Predator design under mask, some cgi isn't convincing, one certain plot device is a bit... too easy

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Am currently downloading it. It's clearly not going to be a patch on the original, but a lot of people are saying it's good so worth a try.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Played?

Oh, it's not related to the Prey games.

This is a Predator film.

sci-fi hair flip GIF
I thought it was related to the original Prey game, especially with the American Indian backdrop, until I saw the trailer. Looks like it's worth a watch.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The scenes with the bear and the Frenchies were pretty bad ass.

I did feel Predator's power levels were a little off at times - dude wiped out the bear with a friggin' right hook. Other times he's dueling with Comanches.

Overall a fun film with good set-peices, and well used CGI. Obviously nothing will touch the original, but this was better than some of the rubbish entries that have come out since then.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
it's alright, worst Predator film, tho

I never saw The Predator film, the one just before this one..... heard it was bad. You think it was better than this one?
Cause I must watch it if that is the case.

I liked Predator 1 & 2 a lot, still my favorites even if there is a lot of hate for 2 out there.
They have the right feel.

I think this film got closest to that feel so far but I can see the criticisms clearly and the face design of the predator was inferior, the OG will always be far better.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I watched this last night, I enjoyed it more than the recent Predator movies... Nothing beats the first one though.

• brain

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I never saw The Predator film, the one just before this one..... heard it was bad. You think it was better than this one?
Cause I must watch it if that is the case.

I liked Predator 1 & 2 a lot, still my favorites even if there is a lot of hate for 2 out there.
They have the right feel.

I think this film got closest to that feel so far but I can see the criticisms clearly and the face design of the predator was inferior, the OG will always be far better.

Most people don't agree with me but it has lots of action and gore, the Predators are cool and the cast of characters are fun and funny. Main female is total eye candy, you'll recognize her, too.