Price of some dualsense models going up by $5

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Seems like Sony is hell-bent on squeezing their customers for every cent they can get this gen. Digital PS5, PS+, games, and now controllers have all seen price increases since 2020.
Can Sony dictate prices at 3rd party retailers? Midnight black didn't receive a price hike so I am happy- they are the ones I buy the most.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
These controllers are always on sale. I got so many for cheap. Who's paying full-price unless it's a limited edition?

Reactions: On Demand

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Increasing on a controller that is already expensive compared to others.

If they improved the battery, that would be one thing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Increasing on a controller that is already expensive compared to others.

If they improved the battery, that would be one thing.
Just buy it online and change it yourself.
Don't expect anything from Sony.
Even Edge didn't get a new big battery.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I got a white controller priced at $65 at GameStop last weekend. Colors and prints were $75. GameStop also increased the priced of their warranty because I guess they finally caught onto everyone scamming them with it… (as long as you had warranty you could swap any old controller). It’s the only reason I ever still go there tho.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Some people see this as Sony squeezing their consumers, but the reality is if you look at Sony's financials, they're getting hammered by inflation and they need to improve their margins pretty desperately as they're being boxed out by big tech all around them.

They've already lost the electronics war to Apple, LG, and Samsung. They can't really afford to get boxed out of other business segments, but they're a minor player now in movies. All that really remains is their size in music and games.

PS These controllers go on sale all the time.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i hope they improve the quality of their controllers with the PS6, i don't mind paying $80 or even $85 for a controller, but they need to deliver a good battery life for the product and analog sticks that don't have stick drift

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i hope they improve the quality of their controllers with the PS6, i don't mind paying $80 or even $85 for a controller, but they need to deliver a good battery life for the product and analog sticks that don't have stick drift
Compared to competition, they above everything else with the quality of controllers.
Stick drift is industry's "problem" as all use the same tech.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Glad I got my 2 white and purple DualSenses for like $50 total last year 😀

Still have a unused fresh controller that comes with the PS5 too.

Also the God of War limited edition DualSense.

I’m good on buying new controllers for now. F the extra $5.

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

It's so interesting to see people complain about the battery.

I have two controllers. The one that came with my PS5 and a black controller I bought along with black plates. I also have the charging dock. I always have at least one of the controllers on the dock.

I've never had an issue around battery as I've always had a controller fully charged and ready to go, plus the batteries last more than long enough for individual sessions.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Compared to competition, they above everything else with the quality of controllers.
Stick drift is industry's "problem" as all use the same tech.
i know this is an industry problem, but i would like to see Sony using Hall Effect Sticks for their next gen controllers, i don't care paying $10 more if it means it won't stick drift easily
1_1a6981a5-8230-4397-892a-148ba7f1d2a1.jpg

• thisistheway
Reactions: toadsage44

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's so interesting to see people complain about the battery.

I have two controllers. The one that came with my PS5 and a black controller I bought along with black plates. I also have the charging dock. I always have at least one of the controllers on the dock.

I've never had an issue around battery as I've always had a controller fully charged and ready to go, plus the batteries last more than long enough for individual sessions.
yes, this is a very good option, i also have the charging station since day one, but looking at the majority of people who will only buy the console and the controller that comes with it, it would be nice to have a better battery life, having 20h of battery life i think would already be enough

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Imagine buying OEM controllers when competent third-party products exist for 1/2 the price or less.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
i know this is an industry problem, but i would like to see Sony using Hall Effect Sticks for their next gen controllers, i don't care paying $10 more if it means it won't stick drift easily
1_1a6981a5-8230-4397-892a-148ba7f1d2a1.jpg
Considering my dualsense controller that came with my ps5 currently experiences mild drift, this would be lovely
Imagine buying OEM controllers when competent third-party products exist for 1/2 the price or less.
3rd party controllers almost always either lack features or sacrifice quality in some way

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Pulse Elite has a much better battery life than the Pulse 3D, i never run out of battery with the Pulse Elite, but i used to do with the Pulse 3D, the fact they included the charging dock in the box for the Pulse Elite makes things even better, every night after using it i just put it on the charging station and it literally never dies on me, i would like to see a controller that doesn't die in battery (20/30h of battery life) and with Hall Effect Sticks, i would pay $85 - $90 with a smile on my face.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Considering my dualsense controller that came with my ps5 currently experiences mild drift, this would be lovely

3rd party controllers almost always either lack features or sacrifice quality in some way

I've been using a PowerA Xbone controller on PC for 5+ years with zero issues 🤷‍♂️