Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is 4K and goes up to 120FPS on PS5 and Xbox X! Also accessibility deep dive video. Free demo 1/11

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
reviews also hitting the internet. a lot of 9.

looks like a good game

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
*(Some spoilery stuff in the videos beware)

It's a solid 9.5/10 for me: https://www.pcmrace.com/2024/01/11/prince-of-persia-the-lost-crown-review/

It's one of the best metroidvanias I've played in recent years, as well as Ubisoft's best game from the last 10 years. No doubt about it. There are some 4K screenshots in the review.

Here is a playlist with 10 videos including boss fights, compilations of traversal and puzzles, and the full map which is huge is. Not Afterimage huge, but still pretty big and rewarding in every single way:

(Spoilers watch at your own peril!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's a solid 9.5/10 for me: https://www.pcmrace.com/2024/01/11/prince-of-persia-the-lost-crown-review/

It's one of the best metroidvanias I've played in recent years, as well as Ubisoft's best game from the last 10 years. No doubt about it. There are some 4K screenshots in the review.

Here is a playlist with 10 videos including boss fights, compilations of traversal and puzzles, and the full map which is huge is. Not Afterimage huge, but still pretty big and rewarding in every single way:

It isn't coming for a week more, just tag as spoilers some of these staff.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
It isn't coming for a week more, just tag as spoilers some of these staff.
It's all within embargo guidelines. That's the second boss and the other videos don't have spoilers of the story at all (they are just travesal / puzzles). But I can hide them if you want.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
"Open world?" 5/10
"Fucking game for Kids?" 6/10

So the game is semi open world and it's more on the side of being for kids.
This means this is a game John should not like.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

Good to hear. I just ordered the Switch copy.

How long is the main game, I hope it don't exceed 12 hours with grindfest like other ubisoft titles.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's all within embargo guidelines. That's the second boss and the other videos don't have spoilers of the story at all (they are just travesal / puzzles). But I can hide them if you want.
showing second boss is a spoiler it self. i am not about what is embargo guidelines, but about gamers :) a lot of people like to go into game blind or with minimal knowledge :)
i am not here to bust your nuts, just about gaming experiences :)

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Will Have a Character Voiced by Text-to-Speech at Launch​

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Will Have a Character Voiced by Text-to-Speech at Launch​

That famous UBIsoft quality!

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

i have few questions, can you fast-travel between Trees? is there situation where you locked out from previous areas, rooms?

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
i have few questions, can you fast-travel between Trees? is there situation where you locked out from previous areas, rooms?

You can fast-travel between altars, which are usually close to trees. No, never. You can always go back.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Inappropriate language
Rather than pointing out embargo guidelines, maybe try not posting spoilers.

Also, lose that avatar. It screams out "I have no respect for others and use verbiage that represents one of the most inhuman campaigns of genocide in human history just to be edgy and make myself feel like maybe I’m not insecure about what I play video games on”

Last edited:

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
Rather than pointing out embargo guidelines, maybe try not posting spoilers.

Also, lose that avatar. It screams out "you have no respect for others who uses verbiage that represents one of the most inhuman campaigns of genocide in human history just to be edgy and make myself feel like maybe I’m not insecure about what I play video games on”
The launch trailer has all and every possible spoiler (including all boss fights) and yet no one is complaining.

And as for the avatar, that's literally the name of my website. I founded it in mid 2013 when people were less touchy about the subject and associate it with nothing other than the meme itself. I can't change the name of the website now. This same thing happened to me in the ResetEra forum. They forced me to remove the avatar. Unless a moderator or admin tells him otherwise, I'll keep it.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I miss the old 2000s takes on such things. Humor like PC Master Race was the world healing from evil and 80 year old conflicts and moving on, rather than holding them close to mind, obsessing about them, and letting those things define us when we are multiple generations away from them.

There will always be bad things and bad people. Living in their shadow is no way to live at all. That’s the starting point of resolving any received trauma, to learn from it, heal, and let it go, not have it on a 24/7 broadcast in your mind.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The launch trailer has all and every possible spoiler (including all boss fights) and yet no one is complaining.

And as for the avatar, that's literally the name of my website. I founded it in mid 2013 when people were less touchy about the subject and associate it with nothing other than the meme itself. I can't change the name of the website now. This same thing happened to me in the ResetEra forum. They forced me to remove the avatar. Unless a moderator or admin tells him otherwise, I'll keep it.

Lets not get into the politics of this in this thread. We will handle it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

NameDescription
Prince of PersiaAcquire all Trophies
icon
Hidden TrophyContinue playing to unlock this trophy.
icon
The Forest TrespasserDefeat the otherworldly queen
icon
Snake in the SandDefeat the banished god
icon
Fists & ArrowsDefeat the artful legend
icon
The Storm MasterDefeat the mighty master
icon
The White LionDefeat the vengeful prince
icon
King of KingsDefeat the king
icon
The End of TimeDefeat the god prince
icon
A Warrior's EndDefeat the old general
icon
Time ServedEliminate the Jailer
icon
Parallel UniverseDefeat an alternate version
icon
Warrior WithinUse every Athra Surge
icon
Glory of FaravaharFully upgrade the necklace
icon
Blessing of ShamshirFully upgrade sword and bow
icon
Tools of a ProphetCollect all amulets
icon
Elixir of GodsAcquire all Soma Tree petals
icon
Cyra's Last HopeFind the Herbalist's last camp
icon
Written in the SandComplete the prophecy fresco
icon
Tree of LifeSpeak with every Wak-Wak head
icon
Spectre of the SeasDiscover the ghost ship
icon
Hidden FloorDiscover a secret floor
icon
The True MoonComplete the Moon Gatherer's quest
icon
Charitable SoulComplete every side quest
icon
BetrayalEliminate an enemy with the Dimensional Claw
icon
Natural ResourcesCollect 5 ores
icon
Shock TrooperEliminate 20 enemies with an opportunity attack
icon
An Honorable EndDefeat a Lost Warrior
icon
All the Time in the WorldEarn 10,000 Time Crystals
icon
Air DancerEliminate 30 enemies in the air
icon
Deadly TrapEliminate 5 enemies by throwing them into spikes
icon

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

NameDescription
Prince of PersiaAcquire all Trophies
icon
Hidden TrophyContinue playing to unlock this trophy.
icon
The Forest TrespasserDefeat the otherworldly queen
icon
Snake in the SandDefeat the banished god
icon
Fists & ArrowsDefeat the artful legend
icon
The Storm MasterDefeat the mighty master
icon
The White LionDefeat the vengeful prince
icon
King of KingsDefeat the king
icon
The End of TimeDefeat the god prince
icon
A Warrior's EndDefeat the old general
icon
Time ServedEliminate the Jailer
icon
Parallel UniverseDefeat an alternate version
icon
Warrior WithinUse every Athra Surge
icon
Glory of FaravaharFully upgrade the necklace
icon
Blessing of ShamshirFully upgrade sword and bow
icon
Tools of a ProphetCollect all amulets
icon
Elixir of GodsAcquire all Soma Tree petals
icon
Cyra's Last HopeFind the Herbalist's last camp
icon
Written in the SandComplete the prophecy fresco
icon
Tree of LifeSpeak with every Wak-Wak head
icon
Spectre of the SeasDiscover the ghost ship
icon
Hidden FloorDiscover a secret floor
icon
The True MoonComplete the Moon Gatherer's quest
icon
Charitable SoulComplete every side quest
icon
BetrayalEliminate an enemy with the Dimensional Claw
icon
Natural ResourcesCollect 5 ores
icon
Shock TrooperEliminate 20 enemies with an opportunity attack
icon
An Honorable EndDefeat a Lost Warrior
icon
All the Time in the WorldEarn 10,000 Time Crystals
icon
Air DancerEliminate 30 enemies in the air
icon
Deadly TrapEliminate 5 enemies by throwing them into spikes
icon
preordered it. i hope, i will get it in time. plus, i know, game is great.

• Heart