Principal Monetization Designer who joined Naughty Dog to work on TLOU2 MP under a year ago just left the studio [Naughty Dog Central]

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Naughty dog is probably Sony's most mismanaged studio. Druckmann has rotted it from the inside out. Id be shocked if they release a single new game that isnt a remaster this entire generation. Doubly shocked if its even good.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They were such a gem I hope this studio isn't going downhill!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seriously they should just release the mp.completed they had! Sell it for like $20 and make money as they've always done with costumes and shit! We better not get nothing!

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I didn't know there was an official role for that lol. It's comical.

24 Jun 2022
When it rains, it pours.

But, if this is the sacrifice needed for Sony to cut back on the obscene number of GaaS titles & funding, re-focus on 1P AAA and AA traditional content pipelines, adjust their PC strategy to only GaaS Day 1/legacy (retro) game remaster compilations/modern game ports 4-6 years after console...

...then so be it. Short-term pain for long-term prosperity.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The thing is Sony are just being greedy fucks. They made good money on dlc content from Little big planet, Uncharted mp and TLOU. The strategy was working and they could have easily just built off that but noooo thy want to go beyond that and now may have shit!!!

Reactions: Bryank75 and Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Y
The thing is Sony are just being greedy fucks. They made good money on dlc content from Little big planet, Uncharted mp and TLOU. The strategy was working and they could have easily just built off that but noooo thy want to go beyond that and now may have shit!!!
Yup! There were so many MTX in Uncharted 3 at one point close to 400 times excluding the Map Packs and Co-op add on....

These games kept going until they shut down the servers. That formula would so work well today and would actually be a good counter to the GaaS approach

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
People who are pissed about Factions GaaS seem to forget that the TLoU MP at one point turned into pay-to-win when weapons were sold as DLC. Even the PS3 version.

Reactions: Vertigo
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Seriously they should just release the mp.completed they had! Sell it for like $20 and make money as they've always done with costumes and shit! We better not get nothing!
That would be quite the slap in the face for the people that bought tlou 2 (I didn't , don't want to ruin the first one which was great from start to finish & had a perfect ending) , here's the mp you would've got with the game at launch 3 years later only now it costs extra... 🤣

Numero

29 Jul 2023
Good, they shouldn't have wasted so many years on a multiplayer project. ND was peak studio in gaming, it's incredible how they imploded since Druckmann acquired so much power inside the studio

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That would be quite the slap in the face for the people that bought tlou 2 (I didn't , don't want to ruin the first one which was great from start to finish & had a perfect ending) , here's the mp you would've got with the game at launch 3 years later only now it costs extra... 🤣

So you didn't buy the game, which means you didn't play it, but somehow it would ruin the first one for you.

I absolutely love that most people that shit on Pt 2 haven't played it.