Production Director of Fortnite joins Bungie as Director of External Development

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
All PS GaaS studios should be moved under Bungie. Get rid of all that shit.

PlayStation studios should have traditional MP modes at most.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Throwaway multiplayer modes to single player games is a huge waste and that era of slapping that shit in a game is over when for most players that is the meat and potatoes of the game. Doing how they half-assed it and slapped deathmatch into every game 20 years ago guarantees and online mode thrown in the trash within two weeks.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
PS has made great online games in the past. They took their foot off the GaaS in the PS4 era.

Bringing back Twisted Metal implies service aspects because understandably it would be multiplayer driven for instance. As would Socom, Warhawk or any genre type of an action arcade nature. The best service games keep the arcade-style of gameplay intact with pick up and play appeal. Those that miss that point are… trash.

What will be defined as service will be interesting. Because even a single player game with dlc can be considered live service. That is the goal with Starfield, to continuously sell dlc and expansions for as long as they can. Cyberpunk wanted the same for itself before plans got derailed with the actual launch of the game.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
But Sony does need a successful live service game. Every publisher has one. Live service games are the money makers now. It’s sad, but true.
I agree. Not sure making so many in brief space of time is a good idea as many could be dead inside a year, but it makes sense to source the top people in that part of the industry and use them to your advantage.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
PS has made great online games in the past. They took their foot off the GaaS in the PS4 era.
This so much!

They had the GaaS model down with Uncharted 3 Multiplayer, all that needed was an overhaul and relaunch it with Uncharted 4...

Warkawk not getting remastered and thrown on PS+ was dumb.

The last of Us Multiplayer should have been spun off into Free to Play

Horizon multiplayer should have been a thing

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Another live service “expert” 🤦‍♂️ just what PlayStation needs…
🙄 external development could just be some one who coordinates with other studios like with xdev and stuff. Also r u guys going to cry every time Sony hires someone who has live service experience? Of the sounds of devs Sony has working for them lots of them have live service experince in some form. it’s the best way for them to remain employable with a varied skill set and yes ps does need more of them if they want to remain competitive at the forefront of modern triple A game’s development.

Reactions: Vertigo

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Seems like playstation fans have been secretly wanting Sony to become Xbox all long with the cheering for gaas and PC ports. Doesn't bother me any since I'll probably sell my PS5 after Spider Man 2 and move to PC since that has games from Sony/Nintendo/Xbox.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I wouldn’t be surprised if the botched Drive Club launch scared Sony from making bigger plays during PS4 gen. The sampler portion they delayed for plus was bad move and of course in hindsight it should’ve been the entire base game on the sub or f2p with subsequent dlc being monetized some how. The dlc content was excellent too. Drive Club sorta came before its time.

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I wouldn’t be surprised if the botched Drive Club launch scared Sony from making bigger plays during PS4 gen. The sampler portion they delayed for plus was bad move and of course in hindsight it should’ve been the entire base game on the sub or f2p with subsequent dlc being monetized some how. The dlc content was excellent too. Drive Club sorta came before its time.
Them not having public beta for everyone is what screwed over the game

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I agree. Not sure making so many in brief space of time is a good idea as many could be dead inside a year, but it makes sense to source the top people in that part of the industry and use them to your advantage.
They‘re Making many hoping at least one sticks. It’s like throwing darts.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Seems like playstation fans have been secretly wanting Sony to become Xbox all long with the cheering for gaas and PC ports. Doesn't bother me any since I'll probably sell my PS5 after Spider Man 2 and move to PC since that has games from Sony/Nintendo/Xbox.
PlayStation is investing more money in single player games than ever before in its history. They’ve double the size of SIE and bought in studios and talent specifically to work in gaas and multiplayer. U guy’s really need to stop with the ps is only focused on gaas and is become Xbox nonsense because it isn’t supported by the facts. If u guys want 200mil lion+ single player games u really ought to be hoping gaas games succeed because if they don’t the money pool to pay for single player games is only going to get small. Your negative attitudes are counter productive and shortsighted.