PROPHECY canceled Sucker Punch game

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
imagine if a single player game got this far today and cancelled? We’d never hear the end about how its all over for sony 😂
I don't think this is too far. Was there a confirmation? If this is a vertical slice, then what you see is what they have done. Few rooftops and background filled with fog to hide incomplete world.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
This game looked pretty good and definitely better than most games on market at the time and was cancelled. Stange how concord made it through

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's kind of unbelievable how this was cancelled but Concord made it all the way through to announcement

This game looked pretty good and definitely better than most games on market at the time and was cancelled. Stange how concord made it through

Why compare them?

They have nothing to do with each other and completely different times.
1. This was a single player game project before Ghost of Tsushima. It got cancelled and ended up being Ghost of Tsushima. Probably between 2015/2016 etc

2. Concord is done by a different team, many years later. Focusing on a PVP game. Not a single player game like above or Ghost of Tsusima.
Sony cant just only produce single player games for its fan. It needs more. They need to try. Yall probably would of probably shit and cancelled Fortnite too because of how it looks and plays, but look how much money and fans it makes. You are not the entire market.

3. Concord gameplay for a PVP game looks fine.
The art style and characters might not be your choice, but then again does Fortnite look good to you? Does it look like anything but generic crap? Fortnite has made more money than Sony’s single player games put together probably.
Concord isnt for you, its for MP PVP fans. And Sony needs to try and make more genres and games. HellDivers 2 has been a success, let them try and either fail or succeed

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Why compare them?

They have nothing to do with each other and completely different times.
1. This was a single player game project before Ghost of Tsushima. It got cancelled and ended up being Ghost of Tsushima. Probably between 2015/2016 etc

2. Concord is done by a different team, many years later. Focusing on a PVP game. Not a single player game like above or Ghost of Tsusima.
Sony cant just only produce single player games for its fan. It needs more. They need to try. Yall probably would of probably shit and cancelled Fortnite too because of how it looks and plays, but look how much money and fans it makes. You are not the entire market.

Ok, I didn't get that this vertical slice was so old. I thought it was a lot more recent.

3. Concord gameplay for a PVP game looks fine.

The general response to the trailers disagree with you pretty hard and it seems to me the game is off to a terrible start in popularity (which ends up defining the success of a live service game), but I guess we'll see later this year.

Reactions: Kokoloko

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Ok, I didn't get that this vertical slice was so old. I thought it was a lot more recent.

The general response to the trailers disagree with you pretty hard and it seems to me the game is off to a terrible start in popularity (which ends up defining the success of a live service game), but I guess we'll see later this year.
When are you going to stop your Concord wining, as a fan of multiplayer I must say the gameplay looks solid. Looking forward to it.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
When are you going to stop your Concord wining, as a fan of multiplayer I must say the gameplay looks solid. Looking forward to it.

My Concord winning? Lol I only wrote the general reception for the trailers was broadly negative.

When are you going to stop pretending it wasn't?

Concord hit with overly negative response after reveal

PS5’s ‘Concord’ Hero Shooter Roasted By Fans As An ‘Overwatch’ Clone

Concord's Gameplay Trailer Is Being Spammed With Dislikes

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Previews from people who have played the game have been fine. The people complaining have never even played it. Then they swarm forums like its a collective real opinion. They complain about the game looking like shit, but so does Fortnite, Apex and Overwatch.

Im not saying its gonna be successful. You’re right, popularity is what will make these games succeed or fail. But fans haven't even given it a chance.
Even if the game is great, its gonna have haters and probably fail. Haters who havent played the game fall into 2 categories.

1. Fans from other platforms and fans of there own PVP game will hate on this (Overwatch, Fortnite, Apex fans or whatever the latest trend is)

2. And PS fans who hate “Gaas” MP games. These fans think PS should only make games they like and only single player games lol. They are just doing what MS shills do for free at this point.

Truth is Sony needs to make MP games. The most successful ones all look like generic crap (Fornite, Overwatch, Apex ) What matters is gameplay and longevity.
Gameplay so far for a PVP game of its type looks decent. Nothing that screams out super success or fail. But no1 could say OverWatch, Apex or Fortnite gameplay would be good. So haters are basing this of there own emotional and mental stuff

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They could have invested in Sucker Punch to be able to develop both this and GoT instead of wasting money on GaaS.

Playstation needs some different genres. MP games, 1st person games etc. Not just every game to be a single player 3rd person action game as much as I love them. They have enough of those and more coming anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There must be so many games being canceled behind the scenes this gen for Sony, so many studios with nothing to show. Almost no new single player IPs, pretty much nothing announced besides sequels like Death Stranding 2 and Astro Bot.

Playstation needs some different genres. MP games, 1st person games etc. Not just every game to be a single player 3rd person open world game. They have enough of those and more coming anyway
If there is something consoles don't need more of are 1st person games and GaaS.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They could have invested in Sucker Punch to be able to develop both this and GoT instead of wasting money on GaaS.
Sucker Punch want to remain a smaller 150-200 dev studio iirc nothing to do with sony not wanting to invest in them to increase their studio size

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Who remember this? who would want it?

I don't think this is too far. Was there a confirmation? If this is a vertical slice, then what you see is what they have done. Few rooftops and background filled with fog to hide incomplete world.

As I remember this was a pretty cool prototype/vertical slice of a project in very early stages (still not in production, was in preproduction/concept stage) that later ended being morphed into what ended being Ghost of Tsushima.

I assume they wanted to differentiate it from The Order, Assassin's Creed and remove the white male protagonist.

There was a video from long ago (after GoT was published) with Sucker Punch devs talking about this video and explaining how sometimes in early stages is normal to change things like theme or setting.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Nope there wasn't. There is no evidence this was ever in full production. Lots of games make it to this phase and are scrapped