PROPHECY canceled Sucker Punch game

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If there is something consoles don't need more of are 1st person games and GaaS.
Sony needs many MP games. And they haven't released a 1st person game in 11 years, they have loads of genres they need to fill with there own ips and studios making games.
Leaving other publishers to dominate MP games and other genres, while making big amounts of profits unchallenged from Sony would be a waste

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
And they haven't released a 1st person game in 11 years

Some people on this forum count The Final Shape as a Sony release this year when the "doomers" say there are no PS releases this year 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sony needs many MP games

They always had many MP games, they still do. What they are neglecting this gen is their core user base, which prefers quality SP games.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Some people on this forum count The Final Shape as a Sony release this year when the "doomers" say there are no PS releases this year 🤷🏻‍♂️

They always had many MP games, they still do. What they are neglecting this gen is their core user base, which prefers quality SP games.
they aren’t neglecting SP games like… at all. Maybe they don’t appeal to you in particular.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Its a multiplatform IP, so I couldnt care what they think, its not a PS exclusive. Sony needs a good few new shooters and 1st person games like WRPG of its own, for there fans.

They havent done enough SP games as Id like but they havent done enough MP games either. I wouldnt say they have neglected it. But they have messed and missed the opportunity to do more before these last few years.

Single player games:
Demons Souls
Spiderman MM
Sackboy Game
(In 2020 the same year, they also released Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Dreams)

Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon 2
GT7
God of War Ragnarok
TLOU Remake (meh)
Spideman 2

Then you have some joint efforts? Like Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin etc. Aswell as 3rd party exclusives like FF16, FF7 and timed ones like Kena etc More focus on SP games than MP games when it comes to 3rd party.

Future SP games:
Astrobo 2024
Venom
Wolverine
Death Stranding 2
Hopefully alot more

MP games:
-GT7 - Also single player
-HellDivers 2 - Also singer player
-Destruction All stars.

Future titles / MP titles announced:
Concord, Fairgame, Marathon. All Im guessing, MP only

• Heart
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Its a multiplatform IP, so I couldnt care what they think, its not a PS exclusive. Sony needs a good few new shooters and 1st person games like WRPG of its own, for there fans.

They havent done enough SP games as Id like but they havent done enough MP games either. I wouldnt say they have neglected it. But they have messed and missed the opportunity to do more before these last few years.

Single player games:
Demons Souls
Spiderman MM
Sackboy Game
(In 2020 the same year, they also released Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Dreams)

Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon 2
GT7
God of War Ragnarok
TLOU Remake (meh)
Spideman 2

Then you have some joint efforts? Like Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin etc. Aswell as 3rd party exclusives like FF16, FF7 and timed ones like Kena etc More focus on SP games than MP games when it comes to 3rd party.

Future SP games:
Astrobo 2024
Venom
Wolverine
Death Stranding 2
Hopefully alot more

MP games:
-GT7 - Also single player
-HellDivers 2 - Also singer player
-Destruction All stars.

Future titles / MP titles announced:
Concord, Fairgame, Marathon. All Im guessing, MP only
Some other additional upcoming announced or mentioned but not formally announced SP games:
  • Lost Soul Aside
  • Convallaria (if SP too)
  • Physint
  • Minimum two ND games
  • Bend's new open world IP
  • Sucker Punch's next game (GoT2)
  • Horizon 3
  • GoW set in a new mythology
  • (if was greenlighted) Cory's new IP
  • Firesprite's upcoming horror adventure
  • Housemarque's upcoming action AAA game
  • Next Media Molecule game (I assume will be smaller, less ambitious and more focused on SP than Dreams was, something like Tearaway)
  • Next GT (GT8)
Some other additional upcoming announced or mentioned but not formally announced MP games:
  • Convallaria
  • Horizon Online
  • Sucker Punch's next game (GoT2, if as Legends did features MP)
  • Bend's new open world IP (if it as it seems also features MP)
  • Deviation's/ex-Deviation devs game (at SIE's new secret L.A. team)
  • Unannounced Bungie new IP (Matter)
  • Next Media Molecule game (I assume will be smaller, less ambitious and more focused on SP than Dreams was, something like Tearaway)
  • Next GT (GT8)

• Heart
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
you’re not sonys ‘core’ fanbase if you will only play one type of AAA game from them. If you are only playing naughty dog and god of war games you’re not valuable to sony at all.

That means you’re a casual playstation owner who isn’t really growing the eco system. Nintendo’s core fans show up and try everyting from animal crossing, to Luigi’s mansion, to Ring Fit Adventure. Their casual fans might just buy mario kart, thats what you are to playstation someone that buys one or two games but disengages with the platform otherwise or worse, goes online and tries to dissuade other people from being interested in their wider selection of games and services

Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
All of them have some kind of MP.
Yeah true, I just meant MP focused. GT7 I played online twice lol. I prefer playing it solo
Fingers crossed.
Let us praise the sun together for this
Almost all of them are multiplatform now, unfortunately.
Unfortunately :(
Lets hope that changes when 3rd party companies start releasing console like devices that play Steam, windows gaming, nvidia etc

Reactions: arvfab

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Which SP games have they released this year? How many last year?
This year I played stellar blade and rise of the ronin, enjoyed those games very much. Last year they delivered Spider-Man 2 which I also enjoyed very much. I also enjoyed the AAA exclusives from SE. FFXVI, FF7R and forspoken(underrated).

That’s 6 AAA games that I very much enjoyed and appreciate. once you blend these games with other 3rd party games, you see why I don’t complain about “no games” because I’d be lying.

For the rest of the year, I still have Astro bot( which is gonna be goated) and Silent Hill 2. All single player games! Funny thing is, the only title here that’s on PC is SH2.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This year I played stellar blade and rise of the ronin, enjoyed those games very much. Last year they delivered Spider-Man 2 which I also enjoyed very much. I also enjoyed the AAA exclusives from SE. FFXVI, FF7R and forspoken(underrated).

That’s 6 AAA games that I very much enjoyed and appreciate. once you blend these games with other 3rd party games, you see why I don’t complain about “no games” because I’d be lying.

For the rest of the year, I still have Astro bot( which is gonna be goated) and Silent Hill 2. All single player games! Funny thing is, the only title here that’s on PC is SH2.

It’s weird how people write off astro bot which is literally a single player JAPANESE playstation game releasing in two months. It might also be one of the highest rated games releasing this year.

Could you imagine if nNintendo fans shrugged off a new 3d mario mainline game? Thats why SIE can’t win with some of these “fans” if they do nothing but cinematic sad dad movie games, they get articles like this

If they try to diversify with more family friendly and multiplayer content you get people whining about how they’ve been abandoned after getting their 2nd exclusive final fantasy AAA game in less than a year, Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade, free dlc for God of War Ragnarok, a new team ninja game, etc.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It’s weird how people write off astro bot which is literally a single player JAPANESE playstation game releasing in two months. It might also be one of the highest rated games releasing this year.

Could you imagine if nNintendo fans shrugged off a new 3d mario mainline game? Thats why SIE can’t win with some of these “fans” if they do nothing but cinematic sad dad movie games, they get articles like this

If they try to diversify with more family friendly and multiplayer content you get people whining about how they’ve been abandoned after getting their 2nd exclusive final fantasy AAA game in less than a year, Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade, free dlc for God of War Ragnarok, a new team ninja game, etc.
This is all facts and I’m glad someone here is able to use common sense. They make it seem like all Sony is, is their core studios with aaa hits.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

I played, platinumed and enjoyed them all, but it's still a single 1st party title you mentioned, with the second being Astro (which I'm also looking forward to).

2 SP first party games in 2 years.

Reactions: Kokoloko

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I played, platinumed and enjoyed them all, but it's still a single 1st party title you mentioned, with the second being Astro (which I'm also looking forward to).

As long as you use these buzzwords you’ll never be happy. Try getting a job at a first party studio, buy a whip, and spank the employees to work faster.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

If you want big AAA naughty dog/santa monica/suckerpunch graphical powerhouse industry shaking games you gotta wait for them. There’s nothing else anyone can do to make games come out faster or else they’d be doing it.

It’s why rockstar hasn’t put out a GTA in 13 years, or anything since 2018. The last two playstation generations have had middle lulls to them, people never seem to remember how dry ps4 was from 2014-2017, or how dry ps3 was until the last 3 years of the generation even when they could produce games faster.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I enjoyed all these too. Stellar Blade was a surprise. I knew Id like RoR

I think its the absence of certain games/studios that is leaving alot of us feeling like this though. The games you mentioned were great. But I think people expected certain studios to have there first game by now. Some smaller ones with a 2nd. Obviously there has been issues with the studios in the past and hopefully that is over with now.

Having a game from ND, maybe a Miyazaki/Xdev game and Sucker Punch would of made it great and not too unrealistic by last gens standards. Tbh I expected more with how Insomniac’s expansion has gone all the money Sony made last gen. But hey, they are some of my favourite studios so theres nothing I can do but wait unfortunately

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As long as you use these buzzwords you’ll never be happy. Try getting a job at a first party studio, buy a whip, and spank the employees to work faster.
So whats the first game we’re making as icon era lol? Im on board

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Lets hope it just gets better. I think it will. 2025 is a must of at least 2 SP games from the main owned PS studios, as in no large 3rd party studios involved.

Im hoping for at least big 2 games (GOT2 and something else), plus Venom (Miles Morales size) and Death Stranding 2. Maybe a smaller surprise or 2. Plus Marathon and and something else for MP

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

I don't play buzzwords, I play games, and I've been used by Sony's quality and quantity. It's not me who changed 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you want big AAA naughty dog/santa monica/suckerpunch graphical powerhouse industry shaking games you gotta wait for them.

PlayStation never was just those kind of games. They had them + smaller games in other genres, many of them in both categories.

how dry ps4 was from 2014-2017

2014:
Driveclub
Infamous Second Son
Infamous First Light
Little Big Planet 3
SingStar
Entwined

2015:
Bloodborne
Tearaway Unfolded
Until Dawn
The Order
EVERYBODY'S GONE TO THE RAPTURE
Fat Princess Adventures

2016:
Ratchet and Clank
The Last Guardian
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Alienation
Bound
(Shadow of the beast) [unsure if it's a first-party game, but I think it is]

2017:
Everybody's Golf
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
GT Sport
Knack 2
Matterfall
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

And in addition to all of that they had MP games, remasters, remakes, VR and PlayLink stuff.

You call that dry?

Now let's see PS3:

2006 (launch year):
Genji
Resistance
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Blast Factor

2007:
Folklore
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Motorstorm
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
SingStar
The Eye of Judgment
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Flow
Pain
Super Stardust HD

2008:
Everybody's Golf 5
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Siren Blood Course
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty

2009:
Demon's Souls (in Japan)
Killzone 2
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Uncharted 2
Infamous
Flower

2010:
GOW3
GT5
ModNation Racers
White Knight Chronicles
Dead Nation

And again I haven't listed MP only games, remakes, ports etc. because I'm not counting them now, too.

If you call this dry, than the current situation is Atacama desert dry.

PS: from 2011 they also had the Vita.

Last edited: