PS opened Pandora’s box (PC port beggers)

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This recent quarter Sony more than doubled their game revenue outside PS (mostly PC) vs last year, continues with a huge YoY growth after several years:

image.png

This quarter they made there 33,103 Million yen ($225.8M). This is more money than PS made with physical games (20,629M yen this quarter, $140.4M).

PC is a very successful and profitable business for Sony, so they will continue investing on it doubling down their efforts there.
This is the same logic MS had w PC & entirely killed there entire Xbox platform, storefront, mtx sells & 3rd party support that there now at the mercy of platforms w true permanent exclusive 😂😂 Gabe is probably laughing knowing MS killed there own platform & storefront leaving Valve/Steam to be the intended & almost fully default of PC gaming without actually producing exclusive games for its platform/storefront.

Valve can put the final end for MS in the gaming space for both console hardware & pc gaming. MS will be at the mercy of Valve 💀it’s funny to see how Valve transition to a indie studio that was 3rd party releasing games on console to completely annihilating MS/Xbox in gaming.

Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The only reason GT7 might skip PC is because it's an ongoing game always being updated and it would be more work for Poliphony. But eventually they will have to figure it out because Sony wants Gran Turismo on PC like all their other games.
Sony should make a mobile version instead of porting mainline GT7 on PC. They would essentially be pushing GT YouTubers who play & advertise the PS console to PC & advertise PC.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
they're not brave enough to do that, Sony is even worse than Microsoft, cause at least Microsoft was upfront since the start that everything would go to PC and let users decide if they should stay or go
This inherently confirms there diminishment & harm to PC port yet they still do it. Its really short sighted for small profits equating to short term profits & “potential” short-medium term growth at the cost of your own platform, storefront & ip/game prestigious quality diminishment

Reactions: arvfab

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
No they don't, you're talking nonsense.
Is this some weird cope? Sony is porting games to PC left and right but not Gran Turismo! As I said they might skip GT7 but when it's time to greenlight GT8 Sony will DEMAND that everything is setup for a PC version.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Is this some weird cope? Sony is porting games to PC left and right but not Gran Turismo! As I said they might skip GT7 but when it's time to greenlight GT8 Sony will DEMAND that everything is setup for a PC version.
Stop moving the goal post, now you're saying but but they'll put GT8 on PC lol

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I could see GT coming to PC at some point. But when? Who knows.

Naturally, this has led many to speculate if Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo series could also be making the jump, and we were curious to ask Yamauchi-san if that was something he would consider.

“Yes, I do think so,” Yamauchi replied.

But, there are some caveats.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I could see GT coming to PC at some point. But when? Who knows.

Naturally, this has led many to speculate if Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo series could also be making the jump, and we were curious to ask Yamauchi-san if that was something he would consider.

“Yes, I do think so,” Yamauchi replied.

But, there are some caveats.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”
Regarding this interview Yamauchi later said:

Reactions: KvallyX

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Good
Letting companies know there is a sizable audience interested in purchasing your product is a good way to encourage them to sell to you. If you want something, let them know basically.

Speaking of, Gravity Rush, Gravity Rush 2, and Freedom Wars on PC please Sony? And no PSN requirement either. If you require me to sign into a single player game I pay money for I expect to be able to play it offline.
unfortunately everyone on the internet has terrible taste and freedom wars is never coming back in any capacity even though it was vita kino

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
More the port beggars better...
Build the hype.
Make starving.

After everything is set... release the PS Launcher and the games they wants exclusive to it.
Ignore the criticism from the same PC haters.
Profit with these that really wanted the ports.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Regarding this interview Yamauchi later said:

That makes sense.

When the NVIDIA leaked happened I had the impression it was only a place holder put by some employees testing waters with almost all games from Sony... it was not exactly a list of the games that were being work to release on PC.

We are years after that leak and there is several games that were not ported to PC.
And maybe the ones ported were more a coincidence than actual accuracy of that list.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That makes sense.

When the NVIDIA leaked happened I had the impression it was only a place holder put by some employees testing waters with almost all games from Sony... it was not exactly a list of the games that were being work to release on PC.

We are years after that leak and there is several games that were not ported to PC.
And maybe the ones ported were more a coincidence than actual accuracy of that list.
I assume that maybe Polyphony did some early tests prototyping some limited stuff to see if they were able to achieve steady performance on PC without keeping the minimum specs requirements too high (so limiting the number of PC players who could buy it to a too small number), control cheating but weren't happy, plus to provide a decent enough support of PC wheels and related racing accesories. But weren't happy with the results and decided to don't port the game, at least not soon.

Regarding the list, remember it featured Déraciné or Demon's Souls (plus other games that they devs later confirmed that never existed) while missed important ones that were going to be release soon after it like the Spider-Man games. I think the list included games that were proper leaks, other games that were legit but got cancelled, plus some other games that were just guesses from some bored Nvidia dev plus some rumors that he heard, because a handful of them had even typos in the name (case of a supposed Monster Hunter that doesn't exist, separate from "Monster Hunter 6" that could be a proper MH Wilds codename).

Last edited: