PS1 style horror game Christmas Massacre is only coming to PlayStation because according to the dev, both Xbox and Nintendo won't allow it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It should be banned everywhere. A game about a serial killer that involves killing children shouldn’t be allowed. Disgusting game.
Nobody’s forcing you to play it, and since it’s on PlayStation, there’s a lot of alternatives for you!

I think there’s a new Paw Patrol game out soon!

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
It should be banned everywhere. A game about a serial killer that involves killing children shouldn’t be allowed. Disgusting game.

one hand I can see where your coming from but it’s a bit of a problem if they start doing more Random things.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Sony censors some loli hentai/sexualized underage girls and everyone loses their mind. Xbox and Nintendo censor some very pixelated ps1 looking murder game and they get applauded for it.

8BiTw0LF

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I find it funny how over the top violence is a-okay, but if you so much as show a nipple or some ass, suddenly the whole world comes crashing down. I watched a full playthrough of this game and while it is pretty graphic, at least with the amount of blood that's spilled when you kill someone, I don't think it's bad enough to outright ban. As for the whole "Think of the pretend children thing," they're the same as all the other NPCs in the game but with a smaller model, so is it really that big of a deal? 🤷🏼

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nintendo has a billion p0rn hentai games on their platform but this is where they draw the line? 😂😂😂

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Ok let's replace the children with black people and jews.

Will you use the same argument?
Yes. Setting aside that those aren't the same thing,* and are not comparable, the answer is yes. If games are art (and even if they are not, they are clearly a form of expression) then there is no reason to ban or censor them if those things are allowable by law. Where I am from, they are. So just as I would like all books available in bookstores, I would like all games available in game stores. Though, perhaps, with the equivalent of being behind the counter (so you'd have to check a box in user settings or manually type the game's name into search to see them in the store.)

*Seriously, that argument has no intellectual rigor at all. Since when were children a group that historically has been attacked or tried to be wiped out? Thats like saying that Mario should be banned because he kills goombas. What if you replaced the goombas with black people and jews? He's stomping on them, thats awful! Well they aren't, so you have to deal with Mario (and the Christmas Massacre) as it is and not as the strawman you want it to be.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes. Setting aside that those aren't the same thing,* and are not comparable, the answer is yes. If games are art (and even if they are not, they are clearly a form of expression) then there is no reason to ban or censor them if those things are allowable by law. Where I am from, they are. So just as I would like all books available in bookstores, I would like all games available in game stores. Though, perhaps, with the equivalent of being behind the counter (so you'd have to check a box in user settings or manually type the game's name into search to see them in the store.)

*Seriously, that argument has no intellectual rigor at all. Since when were children a group that historically has been attacked or tried to be wiped out? Thats like saying that Mario should be banned because he kills goombas. What if you replaced the goombas with black people and jews? He's stomping on them, thats awful! Well they aren't, so you have to deal with Mario (and the Christmas Massacre) as it is and not as the strawman you want it to be.
A game dedicated to killing a certain race or class of people would definitely fall afoul of hate speech laws.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Oh boo hoo hoo. Won't someone think of the pretend children?
If you like these kinds of games, be my guest. I just think it's out of touch, coming from a country that has multiple mass murder episodes on schools per year.
You do you.