PS4 emulator ShadPS4 can now run Bloodborne at 20 fps [Update: high framerates reached]

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Emulation is so cool!!! I'm impressed at this progress! Watching emulator development is fun because you can directly see the progress and improvements of the emulation and code in its ability to run games and how well they run.
I must say I'm impressed; I didn't think PS4 emulation would go anywhere so soon.
Now if only xbox 360 emulation got better...

Last edited:
Reactions: 64bitmodels

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Emulation is so cool!!! I'm impressed at this progress! Watching emulator development is fun because you can directly see the progress and improvements of the emulation and its in its ability to run games and how well they run.
I must say I'm impressed; I didn't think PS4 emulation would go anywhere so soon.
Now if only xbox 360 emulation got better...

you can literally see history writing itself in this thread, people acting like 20fps wasnt impressive and it wouldnt be able to be a threat to the console version, it probably surpassed the eventual ps5 remake performance by now

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Are we mad about emulation? It usually produces better results than native hardware … like it’s been a decade. That should be expected tbh. And awesome to see!

Being bitter about no ps5 upgrade or remake… I mean. Should I be mad about Super Metroid never have been remade? Or that it was lost to emulation for like two console generations?

What?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Are we mad about emulation? It usually produces better results than native hardware … like it’s been a decade. That should be expected tbh. And awesome to see!

Being bitter about no ps5 upgrade or remake… I mean. Should I be mad about Super Metroid never have been remade? Or that it was lost to emulation for like two console generations?

What?
I couldnt care less. I put over 250hours in the game, its almost 10 years old.
I only care about a sequel/prequel lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is all on Sony. All their first party games should have had patches as soon as the PS4 pro released. Add value to console customers as well as entice PC gamers to get one. Console players should be playing Bloodborne at 4k 60 now on PS5.

Also, this should have been the first game they ported to PC as it is the one that drives all efforts from the community. No one will be interested in emulating knack for example.
You are delusional if you think Sony was gonna give you PC folks Bloodborne as one dot eh first ports lol. You think they don't know the game is in high demand there? But they will also absolutely not waste the game until they can use it to sell hardware in some way as well.

Same reason they aren't rushing to port Demon Souls over. They have the final two crown Jewels in the Souls genre still exclusive, it's a big deal.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Extremely impressive. Sorry Sony, but if you're too complacent to do this yourself then this is how I'll be finishing the game instead of on the PS5.

Reactions: Ico

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
You are delusional if you think Sony was gonna give you PC folks Bloodborne as one dot eh first ports lol. You think they don't know the game is in high demand there? But they will also absolutely not waste the game until they can use it to sell hardware in some way as well.

Same reason they aren't rushing to port Demon Souls over. They have the final two crown Jewels in the Souls genre still exclusive, it's a big deal.
Use it to sell hardware. Doubt it. Bloodborne remake for PS6 launch but it's cross gen and also by that time all their games will be day one on PC anyway.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

Ok then. Not even a patch for their own console audience? How lazy can you be?

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I expect will see additional content added through mods for bloodborne on PC.

im curious too, the shadow of the colossus fanbase is always working on new things like bringing the bosses that were cut from the game to life, so who know what can happen? tbh havin 60 and 120fps is already such a big thing to an almost perfect game lol

Reactions: Systemshock2023

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
???

I literally made a post about bloodborne being playable on PC at 60+ fps & staff changed the title which itself was misleading & wrong because Bloodborne on PC was not only playable at 20 fps like staff & the title would suggest. (At that moment bloodborne was already playable at 60 fps & now it looks to hit over 120+ fps)

Not sure how PS games being played on PC w better performance considered as “PS hate” I guess blindly glaze & consume
At the moment you posted the news it was below 30fps. The emulator was optimized within a day and the title has since been updated to reflect that development. ("High framerates reached").

The title is accurate.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Self explanatory. Do wonder if Sony will take legal action, if it was Nintendo this shit would’ve been shut down.
Nintendo was able to strike down Yuzu because they were working from original Nintendo dev kits and documentation instead of reverse engineering (which I assume this PS4 emulator is doing).

Otherwise, making an emulator is legal as far as I know.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
despite some visual glitches this looks fire, i always loved the combat in this game, but with this level of smoothness its a whole new beast

• Surprised
Reactions: TrishaCat

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
despite some visual glitches this looks fire, i always loved the combat in this game, but with this level of smoothness its a whole new beast

That looks a lot funner tbh I don't even care that the lighting and textures are fucked up

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
That looks a lot funner tbh I don't even care that the lighting and textures are fucked up

by how fast they fixed the framerate i wouldnt be surprised to see perfect visuals real soon, but yeah, it looks fun asf with the clean dodges and all

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

I feel like I'm watching switch emulators and breath of the wild all over again only with a multi year delay with how this emulator's development seems tailored around getting Bloodborne into a good state. BOTW was more of an on release thing but it was very fast and fascinating seeing the emulation improve so rapidly.