PS5 Firmware Update Released for July 23 (Patch Notes Available)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
wtf did this update due to my console settings … I am the parent console… put online games behind user restrictions wtf

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
wtf!!!! It changed my console pin login!!!

Garbage deployment.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I tried the beta update with 3d audio settings.
Not sure if I feel the difference but the calibration is the worst thing ever. It takes SO LONG and most of the sounds just are either on the left or right. I don't really hear the all around, on the back, above or below as well as they think.
But it takes a long time to calibrate. Just scan my ears Cerny !!!!!! And the graphic when calibrating is hard to see where you are pointing exactly

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I tried the beta update with 3d audio settings.
Not sure if I feel the difference but the calibration is the worst thing ever. It takes SO LONG and most of the sounds just are either on the left or right. I don't really hear the all around, on the back, above or below as well as they think.
But it takes a long time to calibrate. Just scan my ears Cerny !!!!!! And the graphic when calibrating is hard to see where you are pointing exactly
your ears must be very weirdly shaped if it doesn't respond to new slew of profiles sorry... but it is much better for many people including me.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
your ears must be very weirdly shaped if it doesn't respond to new slew of profiles sorry... but it is much better for many people including me.
my final result is like 6G.
I don't think the effect is as convincing. I don't know what I am setting up honestly. I point the directions around me. mostly left/rigght/back.
I think it's harder to detect above/below and in front. Also the swoops are all either flat or from at an angle from bottom left to top right.
It's very subjective and not sure if I am a fan of settings like that

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
my final result is like 6G.
I don't think the effect is as convincing. I don't know what I am setting up honestly. I point the directions around me. mostly left/rigght/back.
I think it's harder to detect above/below and in front. Also the swoops are all either flat or from at an angle from bottom left to top right.
It's very subjective and not sure if I am a fan of settings like that
it's in beta so maybe they'll provide alternative methods to set up if there's feedback. In ear headsets are much easier to setup though, when it is over ear and it has to input your ear shape into HRTF, it has to become a bit convoluted to setup if it is based on profiles. But like you said, one step above all that is exact ear shape design by scanning, and that may be coming too. I wish it is bc it is implemented well into their wireless headphone range with phone apps.

Reactions: rofif