PS5 games continue to dominate the UK charts

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

PlayStation 5 titles maintained their stronghold of the UK physical charts for the second week running.

Summer sales and continued price-promoted bundles have resulted in more first-party PS5 titles rising to the top, GfK reported.

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which was bundled with the PS5, climbed from No. 6 to claim the No. 1 spot with a 116% rise in sales. It moved FIFA 23 down to No. 2 with a 11% drop week-on-week.

God of War: Ragnarok climbed from No. 13 to No. 6 following a 79% increase in sales, while Spider-Man: Miles Morales jumped from No. 25 to No. 7 with a 113% rise. Gran Turismo 7 moved from No. 21 to No. 8 with a 114% sales increase.

Meanwhile, Pikmin 4 dropped to No. 9, with sales down 38% week-on-week, while last week's new release Remnant 2 fell to the bottom of the charts at No. 40, with a 47% decrease in sales.

Elsewhere, Ghost of Tsushima: Directors Cut has re-entered the charts at No. 33 after a 73% spike in sales, followed by the Dark Souls Trilogy at No. 39 with a 32% increase in sales.

Here is the GfK Boxed Top Ten for this week ending August 5, 2023:

This WeekTitle
1Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
2FIFA 23
3Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4Hogwarts Legacy
5The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
6God of War: Ragnarok
7Spider-Man: Miles Morales
8Gran Turismo 7
9Pikmin 4
10Grand Theft Auto V

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Vince Mcmahon Money GIF

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
PS5 price drop in effect too? Will it stay that way? Interesting move leading into holiday season while way ahead of competition in both units and consumer demand. Aggressive

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
PS5 price drop in effect too? Will it stay that way? Interesting move leading into holiday season while way ahead of competition in both units and consumer demand. Aggressive
Sales will probably dip after this week and then go up with the new revision in september, i'd think sony are gonna price the new ps5 revision at the same price of the discount. Can't imagine consumers wanting to go back to the much higher of £480 after the length of this sale, i'm sure sony though about this and chose the discounted price to match.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m sure @ethomaz can elaborate. FF16 is clearly underperforming.
There is no point in discuss that here because the mods already closed a thread because they through it was without evidence when it come directly from Square Enix mouth that FFXVI just reached the botton of their expectations and tried to blame PS5 usernase for that 🤷‍♂️

The sales fall after launch in all chartz... even in PS Store it dropped outside the TOP30.

The only good news in Square Enix talk was that they posted all costs in Q1...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzero and Vertigo

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I might burn a $1 gamepass trial on it to give it a shot at some point but I don't have any hope that this is going to be the Bethesda game that is going to convince me to change my mind about their games.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I really did think FFXVI would have similar legs to other sony first party titles. I wonder what the issue is

When new IP like Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon are just greatly outselling FF, there is definitely a problem and its not because its exclusive because playstation games are selling like hotcake.

I won’t be surprised if Rise of The Ronin outsells it also