PS5 Gets a Temporary €100 Price Cut Accross Europe

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Remember when Sony talked about taking actions to increase the sales of PS5 to reach they FY target after a less than expected Q1?
Seems like it is starting...

ps5-price-cut-spain-1024x576.jpg

A lot of retailers in several countries are showing the new temporary €100 Price.
From the ones I checked I can say Germany, Portugual and Spain received it.

In one news sites from Portugual I found out the period of the promotion.

Starting in August 25 until September 7.
The price cut is only to the Blu-ray model... so it basically matches the digital edition model price.

That makes me think Sony will be very agressive with prices this end of year / Black Friday.

Edit - It includes PlayStation Direct... so it is coming from Sony.

Reactions: DocRay

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sales faltering because they haven't announced any first party games, so they have to discount the shit out of it to make sure they meet their goals.

The Jimmy and Hermie effect is becoming noticeable.

Reactions: JAHGamer and Puff

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sales faltering because they haven't announced any first party games, so they have to discount the shit out of it to make sure they meet their goals.

The Jimmy and Hermie effect is becoming noticeable.
Consoles should get a discount after awhile tbh. PS4 was the only gen they barely reduced the price

But I agree about the first party announcements, not sure how much it effects the mainstream buyers though

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It'll be the new price for the slim I wager.
If the Slim is sold without disc drive and optional disc, it should be at least the price of the Digital version. I expect it to be lower tbh