[Innacurate source (VGChartz)] PS5 is almost 5M behind PS4 in Europe

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
VG chartz is known to lowball sony numbers.
Lol they are struggling in Europe though? I've been sounding the alarms from last spring and got piled on here for awhile.

They have literally lost their crown in places like Spain and are struggling even in countries like UK. Mediocre sales in France and Germany as well.

Well done Jim Ryan your parting gift was making sure your own region turnt their back on the brand.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Vgchartz again ?

souffle-djibril-cisse.gif

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
i don't think that's the case here, PS5 is millions ahead in the US but is millions behind in Europe, that's why it hasn't surpassed the PS4 in sales yet
They are like 2 million ahead in the US now or a little over that. I expect that Gap to keep slowly shrinking especially this holiday season.

It will fall behind in Japan in 6 months or so.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Lol they are struggling in Europe though? I've been sounding the alarms from last spring and got piled on here for awhile.

They have literally lost their crown in places like Spain and are struggling even in countries like UK. Mediocre sales in France and Germany as well.

Well done Jim Ryan your parting gift was making sure your own region turnt their back on the brand.
I know that they’re down, but I don’t think by 5 million. And cmon Jim Ryan is the person that made PS lucrative across the continent.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
very alarming tbh

Fake news.

VG Chartz numbers that aren't public numbers from NPD, Media Create or similar are fake totally made up, always biased against PS and should be banned as source.

almost no.... it literally is 5,2M behind in Europe, meaning if PS5 was aligned with PS4 sales we would be sitting at 65M PS5s sold rn
Only Sony knows their launch aligned PS3, PS4, PS5 sales for Europe. So people can say 1M, 5M or 50M but are just made up personal guesses based on nothing.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilms