PS5 "No Return" can easily become a great co-op experience (PvE) or Factions 1.5 (pvp)

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
We are all shocked! It really didn't make much sense when we know they put alot of work into it and still could have released something on a smaller scale, charged $30 and it would still be great and a money maker. Tht day the twitter was on fire! With ppl upset!!

I agree. I saw Factions as one of Sony's sure fire hits in regards to the live service games that they're doing. Also, a lot of people close to the game said it was really good with a great gameplay loop which is what every live service game needs the most. If the gameplay loop is good and addictive, you'll definitely get a player base.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I agree. I saw Factions as one of Sony's sure fire hits in regards to the live service games that they're doing. Also, a lot of people close to the game said it was really good with a great gameplay loop which is what every live service game needs the most. If the gameplay loop is good and addictive, you'll definitely get a player base.
The hardcore still play it and it's active. I wouldn't be surprised if this update brought more ppl back to Factions. When I was playing I said "damn I need to Fire up Factions" tht was my first reaction.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
The hardcore still play it and it's active. I wouldn't be surprised if this update brought more ppl back to Factions. When I was playing I said "damn I need to Fire up Factions" tht was my first reaction.

You know the hardcore would be there but if you can get casuals into the game, you'll most likely have a huge player base and be a massive success.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You know the hardcore would be there but if you can get casuals into the game, you'll most likely have a huge player base and be a massive success.
Oh easily. When it released it was healthy and thrived. It also sold a gd amount of dlc. It's just been many many years and it's a gd sign it's still active, thts just my point. If they would have kept updating it it would have thrived and kept casuals as well as others around. ND knows how to make great mp games, also good dlc so Gaas pivot imo was not difficult for them I just think higher ups meddle in it and had a different vision. Too many ingredients in the pot is not always good or to many ppl giving their ideas. Sony should have done what they were known for and thts letting devs realize their vision without meddling.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Oh easily. When it released it was healthy and thrived. It also sold a gd amount of dlc. It's just been many many years and it's a gd sign it's still active, thts just my point. If they would have kept updating it it would have thrived and kept casuals as well as others around. ND knows how to make great mp games, also good dlc so Gaas pivot imo was not difficult for them I just think higher ups meddle in it and had a different vision. Too many ingredients in the pot is not always good or to many ppl giving their ideas. Sony should have done what they were known for and thts letting devs realize their vision without meddling.

Agree completely.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
maybe from the positive fan reception they should include this mode and other PvE modes into the next last of us part 3 instead of a full GAAS