PS5 players, prepare for adventure. Pre-loads for Baldur's Gate 3 begin August 31st for Digital Deluxe Edition owners.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The game of the year is on its way.

First Place Shopping GIF by Target

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The game of the year is on its way.

First Place Shopping GIF by Target
Nahhhh my game so far is Remnant. I won't even buy this because I hate turn based combat but I'm sure it'll win many goty awards. I enjoyed Remnant more than Final Fantasy btw.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Nahhhh my game so far is Remnant. I won't even buy this because I hate turn based combat but I'm sure it'll win many goty awards. I enjoyed Remnant more than Final Fantasy btw.
I really like it too, but I would be shocked if anything beats BG3.

Everyone is gushing over it.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m eagerly awaiting this game. I hope performance is not a issue on PS5 though.

Reactions: Sircaw

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I am on the fence on this one. The only game i played from Larian is Divinity Original sin 2 DE. It seemed like my kind of game. Turn based, bunch of playable races, heavy build customization etc. But, holy crap did I struggle. I cannot exactly remember how far I made it, I remember playing in like a graveyard, killing some wolves or dogs made of bone of some sort. 90% of my game time was wandering around aimlessly, trying to find a quest I can cheese hard for hours and eventually just barely make it, with a lot of savescumming. There were only a few fights where I could manage decently. I obviously made bad builds, but I feel the game was designed in a way where you have to be either extremelly well versed in their type of games or follow a guide pretty much to the letter.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I am on the fence on this one. The only game i played from Larian is Divinity Original sin 2 DE. It seemed like my kind of game. Turn based, bunch of playable races, heavy build customization etc. But, holy crap did I struggle. I cannot exactly remember how far I made it, I remember playing in like a graveyard, killing some wolves or dogs made of bone of some sort. 90% of my game time was wandering around aimlessly, trying to find a quest I can cheese hard for hours and eventually just barely make it, with a lot of savescumming. There were only a few fights where I could manage decently. I obviously made bad builds, but I feel the game was designed in a way where you have to be either extremelly well versed in their type of games or follow a guide pretty much to the letter.

I am expecting a steep learning curve. I'm willing to read some guides and how to make some builds to make my experience more pleasant though.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
turn down the difficulty. but the default difficulty should be manageable for anyone who takes time to read the descriptions of the classes. One criticism I have of the game is that there isn't a visible level/skill tree so you can plan ahead, but it's mitigated because early on you meet an NPC that lets you change your entire build for a pretty cheap price (100g)

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I am expecting a steep learning curve. I'm willing to read some guides and how to make some builds to make my experience more pleasant though.
I am willing to put in the work too, but not be following a guide almost through the entire game or a good portion of it. I know I put in the work for Highfleet or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. From what I hear BG3 is not so tough, might give it a try, from what I have seen in the reviews for PC it seems good. Hopefully plays well on PS5.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Nah. Watched some clips from pc. Not my type of game. Shame. I wont have patience for it gameplay. Bought dark souls 1 for 5th time. Lol. Still finishing ff16 also.

To each their own, of course. But this is 100% the type of gameplay that is way more enjoyable to play than watch.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To each their own, of course. But this is 100% the type of gameplay that is way more enjoyable to play than watch.
I disagree highly. Because of the variety of outcomes of your choices watching a playthrough is nowhere near as engaging as playing it yourself.

If you like games where you can actually affect how the story plays out in meaningful ways (without it completely breaking down and not making sense) BG3 is amazing.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I disagree highly. Because of the variety of outcomes of your choices watching a playthrough is nowhere near as engaging as playing it yourself.

If you like games where you can actually affect how the story plays out in meaningful ways (without it completely breaking down and not making sense) BG3 is amazing.

I think we are saying the same thing :unsure:

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio