PS5 players, prepare for adventure. Pre-loads for Baldur's Gate 3 begin August 31st for Digital Deluxe Edition owners.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Bruh for some reason when I read your post I thought you said you'd rather watch it 🤔 i guess i gotta invest in some glasses

bettlejuice-thinking-bettlejuice.gif

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I am expecting a steep learning curve. I'm willing to read some guides and how to make some builds to make my experience more pleasant though.
There's an immediate basic functional learning curve which the game just teaches you through doing. It'll build on any familiarity you have with existing RPGs, especially from Bioware. If you played Kotor, Mass Effect or Dragon Age, you'll be fine.

Then there's a deeper learning curve which I can't claim I've mastered. Specifics of class usage, group movement/placement, spells, environment, im definitely still figuring out, but it's fun.

I don't think you should read guides before you've given the game a chance. I had to look up info about "pact weapons", and you might find other weird jargon the game doesn't explain. But the in-game menus usually tell you what you need to know, and it is rewarding to figure out how to use the rules to your advantage creatively.

D

Deleted member 223

Not buying until they release a physical version. Absolutely no justification not to do so.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio