PS5 Pro Dragon's Dogma 2 Looks Like Remastered Next-Gen Version

akira__

29 Sep 2024
Mark Cerny has done it again. More footage from the PS5 Pro has emerged, this time shared by NX Gamer from PlayStation. While looking at the side-by-side comparison for the first time, it was unclear to me that I was in fact, looking at the same game. The graphics are that much improved. And with the framerate hovering below 60 fps, it's still well within the range of VRR.

Dd0RLHa.jpeg

fGMQb4O.jpeg

Bonus point discussion:

Does anyone still remember those wild takes from Digital Foundry, claiming that the PS5 Pro wouldn't even do 40 fps? They couldn't see how it would be possible. "CPU LIMITED" They explicitly mentioned Dragon's Dogma 2.

If this were a 1980s movie, it would be called:
"Mark Cerninator: Back-to-Back Revenge"

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Cerny is a genius hamstrung by working for useless current day playstation leadership. I wish he took his talents to a place which would do more justice to his genius. Hulst is going to drive the brand into the ground anyways. I would walk over broken glass barefoot rather than make hardware so cuckmann can make games

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Cerny is a genius hamstrung by working for useless current day playstation leadership. I wish he took his talents to a place which would do more justice to his genius. Hulst is going to drive the brand into the ground anyways. I would walk over broken glass barefoot rather than make hardware so cuckmann can make games
Come on, man, ffs, a positive result turned into a typical doom-and-gloom post.

I swear to god you guys would fucking bitch away at a wedding.

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024

Man you guys just love to turn every single Playstation news into a doom post, lmao.

Besides, where do you want him to go? Waste his time on a dying brand (Xbox) or make outdated hardware for Nintendo? lol.

Neither of those will do him any justice.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There's a good price drop on it now too and should be even more by Black Friday, so I hope lots of people get to enjoy it in a much better state.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Goes against the narrative of some especially at DF not understanding workload efficiency/optimisations/offloading. Already seen some backtracking despite their definitive statements earlier. Next up Rockstar to definitely smack them down as not to take their predictions serious.

Difference is already massive and the footage is not of the updated patch on Pro, basically confirms Capcom going to do the same obviously with Pro support for Monster Hunter.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Dragon's Dogma 2 was one of the best games I've played this year.

I played on PC, but if this news about PS5 Pro is enough to sway people's opinion about whether or not to give it a try, I see it as a positive.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The frame rate didn’t reach 60.
That again proves the CPU bound nature of the game.

I wonder how much CPU increase in clock it needed to reach 60fps 🤔

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Mark Cerny has done it again. More footage from the PS5 Pro has emerged, this time shared by NX Gamer from PlayStation. While looking at the side-by-side comparison for the first time, it was unclear to me that I was in fact, looking at the same game. The graphics are that much improved. And with the framerate hovering below 60 fps, it's still well within the range of VRR.

Dd0RLHa.jpeg

fGMQb4O.jpeg

Bonus point discussion:

Does anyone still remember those wild takes from Digital Foundry, claiming that the PS5 Pro wouldn't even do 40 fps? They couldn't see how it would be possible. "CPU LIMITED" They explicitly mentioned Dragon's Dogma 2.

If this were a 1980s movie, it would be called:
"Mark Cerninator: Back-to-Back Revenge"

Looks better tbh... Man gimme the PS5 Pro already!

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Dragon's Dogma 2 was one of the best games I've played this year.

I played on PC, but if this news about PS5 Pro is enough to sway people's opinion about whether or not to give it a try, I see it as a positive.
Easily. I feel like this game was very misunderstood… just like its predecessor. It’s a 1:1 type of experience imo

• Heart
Reactions: DarkLordOtaku