PS5/PS4 will no longer have Twitter/X integration as of Nov 13th, 2023

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Annoying but the App is just as good, you just have to take another step and upload it to a image hosting server

X/twitter gets more shitty by the day

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I believe iOS users will still have the option to access it directly from the PlayStation app.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I believe iOS users will still have the option to access it directly from the PlayStation app.

Share option is equal to all apps... it is set by iOS.
Whatever you install apps that have share options it will add to that share menu on iOS.
I don't have Twitter/X share because I don't have the Twitter/X app installed.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Unfortunate. It’s a neat function for quickly uploading screen grabs and vid capture straight from ps5.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Eh.... I never used it but I don't see why they are taking away functionality unless they are being extorted. If they are...then put them on blast... why not?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The ERA thread is a typical show of how they live in a bubble.

At start the OP give the news and use the post to say lie saying you can’t save images and videos from PS App.

The first comment already correct him but he keep asking if changed because the last time he tried he couldn’t do that.

People start to point again and again that it is like that for years, perhaps since Sony allowed captures in the App.

Well he ended at least accepting he was wrong and put the text scribed the text in the OP (instead remove it).

But hey it is just how bubble they are… they have no ideia what happens in PS ecosystem… feels like somebody that never played a PS console.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Eh.... I never used it but I don't see why they are taking away functionality unless they are being extorted. If they are...then put them on blast... why not?
X/Twitter API use now is paid.

They first stated to ask for the API use in February and in March they detailed the plans.

• Free — Write-only access with the ability to post 1,500 tweets per month at no cost.
  • Basic — A $100 per month subscription for hobbyists with the option of posting 3,000 tweets per month at the user level, or 50,000 tweets per month at the app level. The read limit is 10,000 tweets.
  • Enterprise — Promises to offer “commercial-level access that meets your and your customer’s specific needs” as well as “managed services [from] a dedicated account team.” No specific price was listed, but Platformerpreviously reported that a “low-cost enterprise plan” could cost as much as $42,000 a month.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My PS app has never had a video show up but photos appear just fine.
Here it shows both for around 2 weeks… after it is removed.

Edit - It only shows capture that you manually did… the auto capture like these from trophies not… for these you need to go on picture/video and upload manually before see on PS App.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I see. I still think SOny should ttry and negotiate a good rate for it. It's good marketing and good for conversation about PS.

Especially when Xbox isn't doing it... it's something to set them apart.
Maybe if Twitter/X was a thriving platform but it's clear that it's in its death throes, Musk is throwing the kitchen sink at the wall to try to monetize it because the advertisers keep pulling the plug. The platform is becoming unusable with the amount of trash content it throws at you so there's no reason to keep propping it up.

Reactions: Bryank75

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The ERA thread is a typical show of how they live in a bubble.

At start the OP give the news and use the post to say lie saying you can’t save images and videos from PS App.

The first comment already correct him but he keep asking if changed because the last time he tried he couldn’t do that.

People start to point again and again that it is like that for years, perhaps since Sony allowed captures in the App.

Well he ended at least accepting he was wrong and put the text scribed the text in the OP (instead remove it).

But hey it is just how bubble they are… they have no ideia what happens in PS ecosystem… feels like somebody that never played a PS console.

Era is really messed up, I've seen people get permanently banned for correcting misinformation. The mods there must be paid off by Microsoft or something.