PS5 Shipments To Increase As Chip & Component Shortages Reportedly Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Great news. Just as planned by Sony, according to a slide provided by @Bryank75's best friend Jimbo:

image.png

Sony plans to start to catch up PS4 numbers, selling more PS5 this FY than PS4 did during the equivalent fiscal year. And then in next year PS5 would outsell PS4 LTD launch aligned.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
So... Slow news weeks in previous weeks? I feel like I read that the shortages are until like 2024, and as such Sony were moving to a PS5 Pro or at least slim, as they'd be cheaper to produce than standard PS5's? And now forget all that, chip shortages are slowing?

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So... Slow news weeks in previous weeks? I feel like I read that the shortages are until like 2024, and as such Sony were moving to a PS5 Pro or at least slim, as they'd be cheaper to produce than standard PS5's? And now forget all that, chip shortages are slowing?

Yeah it's weird all the conflicting reports. Just hope things really pick up in production this year either way.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
Finally, I am actually excited to see people get their hands on it.

But I am already excited for a Pro or slim version.

Hope they really push it.
X100 this. All those poor guys stuck with a XSX can finally upgrade 😘😉
I can’t even imagine what a ps5 pro would look like it’s already putting my pc to shame (I can’t afford these gpu prices)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Last week hardware sales in Spain:
  • Switch: almost 5000 units (around the same as previous week)
  • Xbox Series: around 1000 (~37% are Series X)
  • PS5: under 400 units (previous week was over 1000)
Seems shipments were going to improve here in Spain but nope, they still are severely limited here, seems we'll have to wait until later this year:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I would hope so. The demand of the PS5 is real and there were never before this hype for a console. I think if there weren't this chips shortages, then Sony may have been sold 40-60 million consoles. I really hope this chip nightmare end for the Japanese and Sony can set new records.

Status
Not open for further replies.