PSA: PS5 Exclusive Foamstars Enters Open Beta Today, PS Plus Not Required

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I only got as far as the tutorial :(

Tried multiple times yesterday to get in, just kept crashing out from the match. Tutorial was fun atleast.....

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I like the style of this game but i couldnt find a match here on Australian servers, this is a problem with a lot of online games in Australia.

Even COD and Battlefield at certain hours is empty

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Game is garbage, the artstyle is all over the place compared to splatoon.

The main advantage of Nintendo is that they always have a clean and consistent art style. It's one of the main reasons Smash Bros works sk well.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I like the style of this game but i couldnt find a match here on Australian servers, this is a problem with a lot of online games in Australia.

Isn't Australia, like, below Asia, and same timezone with Japan.

I found a lot of Aussie servers when I play BF5, that is not that competitive compare to Japanese servers, and playable too.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

I found a lot of Aussie servers when I play BF5, that is not that competitive compare to Japanese servers, and playable too.
We have really bad internet infrastructure compared to many other first world countries, so often high pings for servers outside Australia, and local servers can be underpopulated depending on the game. BF5 definitely one of the more popular games, so decent number of Aussie servers, same thing with games like Hell Let Loose I never have a problem, but can imagine harder with a game like Foamstars. Check this for reference. Trinidad has higher median speed than Australia. How embarrassing. Don't look at Australia on the Atlas on Economic Complexity either.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Gona try this, it looks fun.

You after 1 minute of playing.
Bath Bathing GIF

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
We have really bad internet infrastructure compared to many other first world countries, so often high pings for servers outside Australia, and local servers can be underpopulated depending on the game. BF5 definitely one of the more popular games, so decent number of Aussie servers, same thing with games like Hell Let Loose I never have a problem, but can imagine harder with a game like Foamstars. Check this for reference. Trinidad has higher median speed than Australia. How embarrassing. Don't look at Australia on the Atlas on Economic Complexity either.
I am not sure about Aussie, but I remembered my son tell me in Canada that a mere 10GB cellular data cost him 50 dollars and 100 Gbits network is more thwn 100 dollars/month. That is expensive.

I think it is because of the massive distance between each cities?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I am not sure about Aussie, but I remembered my son tell me in Canada that a mere 10GB cellular data cost him 50 dollars and 100 Gbits network is more thwn 100 dollars/month. That is expensive.

I think it is because of the massive distance between each cities?
Canada is worse than here iirc from friends in Canada with regards to cell data. I get 30gb of cell data for $25 AUD a month. But internet here is about 100Mbp/s for around $90-100 AUD a month. There is slower regional internet due to size, low population density, and so on, but over 70% of the population lives in cities, and is therefore near central hubs. It is just poor infrastructure development due to government and so forth. Australia is massively underdeveloped in pretty much every metric.

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

It depends on what times, here in sydney we are several hours ahead of Japan. When i used to play Mh Rise at certain hours the lobbies were all empty.

Canada is worse than here iirc from friends in Canada with regards to cell data. I get 30gb of cell data for $25 AUD a month. But internet here is about 100Mbp/s for around $90-100 AUD a month. There is slower regional internet due to size, low population density, and so on, but over 70% of the population lives in cities, and is therefore near central hubs. It is just poor infrastructure development due to government and so forth. Australia is massively underdeveloped in pretty much every metric.

We had the chance to properly upgrade our network but due to corruption our poltivians claimed that 25mbp/s is "more than enough for thr average aussie"

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I think low popularity density is the reason.

I mean people I know live in well-populated area like Tokyo or Saitama paying 10Gbps for 50USD a month

Meanwhile we have to pay 1Gbps somewhere around that price and the connection is just abysmal.

Also if you don't get a good VPN, says goodbye to US/EU located server-based sites.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I think low popularity density is the reason.

I mean people I know live in well-populated area like paying 10Gbps for 50USD a month

Meanwhile we have to pay 1Gbps somewhere around that price and the connection is just abysmal.

Also if you don't get a good VPN, says goodbye to US/EU located server-based sites.
10Gbps for $50 USD sounds like a steal, try $2,499 AUD (~$1600 USD)(excluding tax) in Australia. Re: population density, I think over 40% of the population live in just Sydney and Melbourne. Even there the average internet speed is again like 100Mbp/s. It's not just a rural/low population density issue, just a general issue.
VPNs are one of those services you really need to pay for a good one instead of just going for what is cheap.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
10Gbps for $50 USD sounds like a steal, try $2,499 AUD (~$1600 USD)(excluding tax) in Australia. Re: population density, I think over 40% of the population live in just Sydney and Melbourne. Even there the average internet speed is again like 100Mbp/s. It's not just a rural/low population density issue, just a general issue.
VPNs are one of those services you really need to pay for a good one instead of just going for what is cheap.
Actually it is 5200 yen/month, so less than 50USD.

Oh and 10 Gbps is domestic only, once you go outside Japan it is capped at 500Mbps.

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I was able to try out one match and I enjoyed it. After that I had trouble starting the game (takes ungodly amount of time to start the game), connection issues etc.
So beta did almost nothing for me because I was not able to try it out properly

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I was able to try out one match and I enjoyed it. After that I had trouble starting the game (takes ungodly amount of time to start the game), connection issues etc.
So beta did almost nothing for me because I was not able to try it out properly
I must have just had good luck to be playing early in the day, I was on at 7:15 AM MST, so 6:15 PST and 9:15 EST, but it took about 45 seconds to find a game even then. I think the beta may have exceeded the expected capacity.