PSN Debuts “Top 10 in Your Country”

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
the link will launch the mobile app:
Latest | Official PlayStation™Store US https://store.playstation.com/

The Top 10 in Your Country is actually a new addition I haven’t noticed before. Unsure of what metrics they are using; most likely hours played… but over the course of how long? A day? A week? A month? Who knows.

This is new to the psn store. And for whatever reason it actually lists … 12. However, we finally have our first metric of what the most played games on PlayStation are.

Current chart toppers:

Diablo 4
Fortnite
NBA 2k23
Warzone 2
FIFA 23
Street Fighter 6
MLB
GTAV
Madden 24
Destiny 2
Apex
Madden 23

Excellent showing for both Diablo and SF6. sF6 has failed to even chart on Xbox top 50. Diablo with the heaviest Xbox series x bundle with raid shadow legends tier of YouTube content creator shilling has debuted at 6 on Xbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatKaz
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Nah, the most interesting observation is that SF6 has yet to even chart on the XBL top 50 after a week of tracking.

Where is it?

Gamepass huh?

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
PSN Br top charting are:
Diablo IV
Fortnite
Fifa 23
Cod MW2
Street Fighter 6
God of War Ragnarok
Gta V
EFootball
Hogwarts Legacy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Nba 2k23
Spiderman Miles Morales
Interesting. 9/12 are either on Gamepass or Free to Play.

PS users could save a lot of money just using Gamepass.
Cool service that isn't on playstation, unless you're suggesting to buy another console and sign up monthly, on that note I don't see that much "money saving"

Reactions: Vertigo
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Diablo’s performance is very impressive. Which is a win after Overwatch 2 launched and performed subpar. I’m not sure it’s being ranked as no. 1 but for now let’s assume these are indeed rankings…

High on Life was the last major Xbox release to crack the top 3 on XBL. Diablo 4 should be able to outperform that. Especially with the heavy handed marketing for that Diablo Xbox bundle.

I still believe Diablo will trek upwards a bit more due to pre-release early access bullshit that Activision pulled with it. Official release was this 6th.

The June 2nd debut for SF6 and it failing to even chart a week after release on Xbox is hugely concerning and should be for Capcom. That console split for SF6 will be even crazier than RE4. I’m guessing 19 to 1

More evidence that gamepass kills third party software

PS - totally SHOCKED there’s no genshin impact on the PlayStation charts. I’m not ruling out this data being sorta bullshit too btw and maybe missing a few things. But it’s official so it’s worth something ….

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Interesting. 9/12 are either on Gamepass or Free to Play.

PS users could save a lot of money just using Gamepass.

200.gif

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ghostz

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Diablo’s performance is very impressive. Which is a win after Overwatch 2 launched and performed subpar. I’m not sure it’s being ranked as no. 1 but for now let’s assume these are indeed rankings…

High on Life was the last major Xbox release to crack the top 3 on XBL. Diablo 4 should be able to outperform that. Especially with the heavy handed marketing for that Diablo Xbox bundle.

I still believe Diablo will trek upwards a bit more due to pre-release early access bullshit that Activision pulled with it. Official release was this 6th.

The June 2nd debut for SF6 and it failing to even chart a week after release on Xbox is hugely concerning and should be for Capcom. That console split for SF6 will be even crazier than RE4. I’m guessing 19 to 1

More evidence that gamepass kills third party software

PS - totally SHOCKED there’s no genshin impact on the PlayStation charts. I’m not ruling out this data being sorta bullshit too btw and maybe missing a few things. But it’s official so it’s worth something ….
Nah, Genshin is going through a rough time right now, no big banners, TCG event, and we're getting the new patch soon-ish I wanna say, it might bump up when Fontaine releases and we get new banners

Reactions: Vertigo

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
PSN Br top charting are:
Diablo IV
Fortnite
Fifa 23
Cod MW2
Street Fighter 6
God of War Ragnarok
Gta V
EFootball
Hogwarts Legacy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Nba 2k23
Spiderman Miles Morales

Cool service that isn't on playstation, unless you're suggesting to buy another console and sign up monthly, on that note I don't see that much "money saving"
Gamepass is $180 a year, not including the discounts you can use.

FIFA 23
Madden 23
Madden 24
NBA 2k23
MLB

$350 if purchased at full price. $175 if purchased at 50% off, nearly the same cost as GP… but with GP you get a shit ton of other games in addition to the above.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Gamepass is $180 a year, not including the discounts you can use.

FIFA 23
Madden 23
Madden 24
NBA 2k23
MLB

$350 if purchased at full price. $175 if purchased at 50% off, nearly the same cost as GP… but with GP you get a shit ton of other games in addition to the above.

NBAK23 is not on game pass right now. It is on plus.

• brain

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
NBAK23 is not on game pass right now
Madden 24 isn’t even out currently. I assumed that meant Madden 23 and 22. Madden 24 will be on a 10 hour trial on Gamepass before launch, though.

you’re correct about nba though. Previous games were on GP.

• haha
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Wait wtf is madden 24 doing here? That shit comes out in august.

Are they doing revenue here?

Edit: closed beta of Madden 24 is happening …. Hmmm maybe? That’s kinda wild if it is….

Edit 2: if a closed beta did have enough of an influence to chart on some kind of hours played metric then these charts might even be daily. It’s kinda insane to think a closed beta for madden would pop off like that. Gonna have to wait and see

Last edited:

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
The ten games in the UK are
1. fifa 23
2. Fortnite
3. Diablo 4
4. Nba 2k 23
5. warzone 2
6. Gta 5
7. Street fighter 6
8. Hogwarts Legacy
9. F1 23
10. Final fantasy 16
11. Destiny 2
12. Gran turismo 7

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The ten games in the UK are
1. fifa 23
2. Fortnite
3. Diablo 4
4. Nba 2k 23
5. warzone 2
6. Gta 5
7. Street fighter 6
8. Hogwarts Legacy
9. F1 23
10. Final fantasy 16
11. Destiny 2
12. Gran turismo 7
FFXVI?? How is that in there, I wonder!

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
Singapore

1. Diablo 4
2. Fifa 23
3. NBA 2k23
4. Final Fantasy 16
5. Street Fighter 6 (I'm so proud of this!)
6. Fortnite
7. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
8. GTA 5
9. Miles Morales
10. God Of War Ragnarok

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m leaning towards strictly revenue driven now. It could also be like some amalgam of data but I’ll take it at as more accurate console snapshot than npd/circana to be honest. If anyone figures it out feel free to share.

2k23 is now on plus extra but it’s generally one of the biggest games in the industry anyway so it being here while also being on a sub wouldn’t surprise either way. If or when a ps plus essential or extra game appears that you wouldn’t think then maybe….

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"Best 10 years of your country" (Spain, but are 12 instead for some reason):
  1. FIFA23
  2. Diablo IV
  3. Fortnite
  4. NBA2K23
  5. CoD
  6. GTAV
  7. F1 23
  8. Rocket League
  9. Hogwarts Legacy
  10. GT7
  11. Spider-Man Miles Morales
  12. FF XVI
New games:
  1. Diablo IV
  2. NBA 2K23
  3. Moto GP23
  4. Street Fighter 6
  5. Tour De France 23
  6. Beat Saber
  7. Amnesia: The Bunker
  8. Gollum
  9. 2K Drive
  10. Red Matter 2
  11. Railway Empire 2
FFXVI?? How is that in there, I wonder!
Due to an insane amount of preorders, selling more that games already available

Wait wtf is madden 24 doing here? That shit comes out in august.

Are they doing revenue here?
Seems to be a 'top grossing' ranking: games sorted by revenue generated last month (or week?), including:
  • Released paid games
  • Released F2P games
  • Unreleased games taking preorders