PSN Debuts “Top 10 in Your Country”

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Gamepass is $180 a year, not including the discounts you can use.

FIFA 23
Madden 23
Madden 24
NBA 2k23
MLB

$350 if purchased at full price. $175 if purchased at 50% off, nearly the same cost as GP… but with GP you get a shit ton of other games in addition to the above.

I hope you realize that each player of these games are separate, as in, the crossover in the playerbase is extremely small. Also, what is the point of paying if you have an interest in a singular game?

Reactions: Ezekiel

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

FIFA 23
Madden 23
Madden 24
NBA 2k23
MLB

$350 if purchased at full price. $175 if purchased at 50% off, nearly the same cost as GP… but with GP you get a shit ton of other games in addition to the above.
How stupid of you to assume that one person is buying and playing all these games.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Seems to be a 'top grossing' ranking: games sorted by revenue generated last month (or week?), including:
  • Released paid games
  • Released F2P games
  • Unreleased games taking preorders

It might be. Fortnite just launched a new season yesterday I think. D2 launched one almost 3 weeks. So both those season passes and dlc drops would also be reflected in revenues in a monthly or weekly snapshot. I also don’t think most D2 players buy seasons a la carte. I have my doubts on “only” revenue a tiny bit to where I wonder if there’s some kind of user activity data also considered here.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Interesting. 9/12 are either on Gamepass or Free to Play.

PS users could save a lot of money just using Gamepass.
US has bad taste in gaming, so it’s not surprising. It’s not the same in Brazil though.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

FIFA 23
Madden 23
Madden 24
NBA 2k23
MLB

You're listing EA Play games and that's available to everyone for $30 a year. NBA is the giveaway for this month on PS Plus. You fail at trolling. Boring and useless as usual.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
You're listing EA Play games and that's available to everyone for $30 a year. NBA is the giveaway for this month on PS Plus. You fail at trolling. Boring and useless as usual.

There’s definitely some similarities with the Xbox top 10. I think EA play base sub is actually rolled into gamespass at no extra cost. I don’t think it’s the same on PlayStation.

Whether all those players on Xbox is all gamepass? It kinda could be?

I don’t think Xbox gamers consume outside of the gamespass approved catalog so it’s not the worst argument to make when you’re trying to sell people on the service.

I think extra’s catalog as well as essential always dropping quality software as well gives PlayStation the better value at the moment anyway. So … 🤷‍♂️

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There’s definitely some similarities with the Xbox top 10. I think EA play base sub is actually rolled into gamespass at no extra cost. I don’t think it’s the same on PlayStation.
Yes EA Play is included in GP but if you subscribe to EA Play + PS Extra it's cheaper than GP.

It's a much better deal and you get a better library. If people get fooled into subscribing for GP to play EA Play then they are idiots like Ghostz.

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023

Whether all those players on Xbox is all gamepass? It kinda could be?

I don’t think Xbox gamers consume outside of the gamespass approved catalog so it’s not the worst argument to make when you’re trying to sell people on the service.

I think extra’s catalog as well as essential always dropping quality software as well gives PlayStation the better value at the moment anyway. So … 🤷‍♂️
Not really at "no extra cost", it's a perk of Gamepass Ultimate, at least on pc, is it different for consoles?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nah, Genshin is going through a rough time right now, no big banners, TCG event, and we're getting the new patch soon-ish I wanna say, it might bump up when Fontaine releases and we get new banners
Also Honkai Star Rail peeled a lot of players off, and it won't be on console until later this year

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Still unsure of the metrics. Seems that both sales and players are considered. Also unsure if it’s a daily or weekly standing, etc.

As of 8/3 the top 10 (12) on PSN are as follows:

1. Warzone 2.0
2. Fortnite
3. NBA 2k3
4. GTAV
5. FIFA 23
6. Remnant 2
7. MLB The Show
8. Apex Legends
9. Diablo 4
10. Rainbow Six Seige
11. Madden 24 pre order
12. Genshin Impact

Glad to see Remnant charting high. Also glad Destiny got knocked down a peg because they sure as fuck deserve these historic lows (will be remedied in 3 weeks but fuck Bungie and their matchmaking garbage right now).

Last edited: