PSN Download Issues (ISP DNS issue)

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Never created a thread. Sorry in advance.This is just a heads up. People including myself are having issues with downloading games through PSN store and/or re-downloading a purchased game, PSPLUS etc. Game queuing but not showing up. Slow PSN store, etc.

The current fix is settings - network - setup internet connection - highlight your wifi network and click advanced settings - change primary DNS 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4 click OK and restart ps5. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
M

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
OK. Just passing along the issue people are having. It's not just me. Check out the Playstation reddit and you'll see.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
This is an ISP issue. I had it on both PS3 and PS4 years ago under a different provider. Once I changed provider, it never happened again.

Reactions: Papacheeks
OP
OP
M

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
This is an ISP issue. I had it on both PS3 and PS4 years ago under a different provider. Once I changed provider, it never happened again.
So all the people having this issue have the same ISP!? There are multiple reddit posts on this issue. Sorry I don't know how to post screenshots. 😂

FYI never had this issue before. This is the same service provider for the past 6 years.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So all the people having this issue have the same ISP!? There are multiple reddit posts on this issue. Sorry I don't know how to post screenshots. 😂

FYI never had this issue before. This is the same service provider for the past 6 years.

that's not a PSN issue, it's a DNS issue which is an internet infrastructure issue which will typically be with your ISP or whatever internet provider they are renting their bandwidth from. If it were a PSN issue it would affect everyone in your region.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

The funny thing is these days Most/All ISP's Use/Rent the lines/routs as there are only a few Main ISP leaders around the world (Yay consolidation)
With the main leaders renting out the networks to others big and small companies, so must of the networks in each area are shared networks.
Most the time you can fix this at home by changing DNS/DMZ/QoS settings
If all else fails contacting your ISP and informing them of the situation and if they say they are unable to help say you want to change networks.
Most the time (not always) when you say that they will change there tune and jump through hoops to help you out so you stay as a customer.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Did your PS5 shows NAT Type 2?
If not then that is the issue… and it is router (your own network) configutation.