Psvr 1 games not compatible with psvr2

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Smfh if true that's disappointing even though generally idc about bc. With psvr it was different fir me because there's alot of games I didbt play or finish due to vr sickness and was hoping to be able to retry them in psvr2.

Old Gamer

Banned
5 Aug 2022
I had hoped it wouldn't be the case, but this is f-ing stupid.
People who already have spent money on PSVR1 are going to be very pissed.

Vote with your wallets, these guys aren't rich enough to afford to ignore that. Unlike others who are buying out the industry.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Hey look, Sony believes in generations again!

Yet another reason in the long line of why console VR will always be vastly inferior, and a total non-consoderation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
[IMG]

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Yet another reason in the long line of why console VR will always be vastly inferior, and a total non-consoderation.

I think it will take a couple more VR units and a cheaper price to be big in the market. Console VR will be fine, just needs time like old consoles took time to be commercial.

The Camera tech and controls stops alot of automatic BC. But I think some games will be BC.

I believe in VR, having tried them I think it will be amazing in the future. RE7 made me feel wooh, this is different.

Reactions: Umar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That Sucks But I was kinda expecting it with the new Camera set up and controls.
But I hope they add some games to be BC. Like RE7, Job Simulator, Ace Combat etc

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I think it will take a couple more VR units and a cheaper price to be big in the market. Console VR will be fine, just needs time like old consoles took time to be commercial.

The Camera tech and controls stops alot of automatic BC. But I think some games will be BC.

I believe in VR, having tried them I think it will be amazing in the future. RE7 made me feel wooh, this is different.
The biggest problem with console VR is the garden walled ecosystem. Just in the way that PC gets far more games and experiences VR does as well.

You're at the behest of Sony and whatever they decide to approve. You'll never get something like VR chat, you'll never get lewd or sexual content if you're into that, you'll never get those obscure Indie games which end up being very popular, you'll never get most of everything.

The other problem is most VR Developers don't have a lot of money. Porting a game to an entirely different platform cost a decent chunk of change and resources. If they want to get a game on PlayStation they have to pay platform costs.

Along with games not being compatible these are just some of the other reasons why a VR ecosystem on a console is not worth investing in.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

how´s kinect is doing on the series x? thas fine the most important games will have a patch sooner of later

Reactions: Umar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The biggest problem with console VR is the garden walled ecosystem. Just in the way that PC gets far more games and experiences VR does as well.

You're at the behest of Sony and whatever they decide to approve. You'll never get something like VR chat, you'll never get lewd or sexual content if you're into that, you'll never get those obscure Indie games which end up being very popular, you'll never get most of everything.

The other problem is most VR Developers don't have a lot of money. Porting a game to an entirely different platform cost a decent chunk of change and resources. If they want to get a game on PlayStation they have to pay platform costs.

Along with games not being compatible these are just some of the other reasons why a VR ecosystem on a console is not worth investing in.

I get that. Obviously for all the other stuff a VR not on console will be better.

But I just wanna play some games and maybe some interactive movies. I already have a PS5, doubt my PC could play anything like it. Games like RE8, GT7, job simulator, Half Life Alyx and Ace combat will be fine for me for now.

I can imagine when Nintendo make a VR device it will be pretty cool when the tech is up there, probably like 10 years lol

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Reactions: Gamernyc78