Quake II is coming to Xbox Gaming Pass Today

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Quake_II_Enhanced_Boss-64d453a7a1ac97f6dfeb.jpg

The seminal shooter from 1997 returns with visual upgrades, online and local split-screen multiplayer, crossplay functionality, a brand-new expansion and even more.

Quake II is back with a vengeance with an all-new, enhanced release of id Software’s legendary 1997 shooter on Xbox! Battle the monstrous Strogg in blistering-fast single player and co-op shooter action, or take your skills to the arena with online and local multiplayer. With upgraded graphics, modern updates, crossplay functionality and so much more, there’s no time to wait – experience the enhanced Quake II on Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC today.

Long-time Xbox fans first laid eyes on Quake II back in 2005 when the game was featured as a port on the bonus disc for Quake 4 on the Xbox 360. With Quake II’s enhanced release, id’s groundbreaking shooter reintroduces itself to Xbox owners in full force!

Featuring the original Quake II single player campaign, expansions, multiplayer maps and soundtrack by Sonic Mayhem, this enhanced version also adds visual upgrades like widescreen support, an all-new single-player expansion and performance updates, preserving the original genre-defining shooter gameplay while feeling at home on modern hardware. Battle at up to 60FPS at 1080p on Xbox One and experience native 4K and eye-watering 120FPS on Xbox Series X|S. (Compatible 4K/120Hz displays required.)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
looking so forward to playing this, on ps5 of course

Q2dm1 the edge here i come, and crossplay PC people, mouses go away thanks

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
What's this quaker thing?? Fairgame$ that's more down my alley.

Free on PC if you had the old version it seems.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just want they to confirm work on a new heretic/hexen or quake. Phil Spencer was wearing that Helen shirt in one of the latest shows.

New quake with IDTech7... That would be awesome.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just want they to confirm work on a new heretic/hexen or quake. Phil Spencer was wearing that Helen shirt in one of the latest shows.

New quake with IDTech7... That would be awesome.
i wish they would make a blood remaster for the PlayStation, i loved that game back in the day.

Hexen + heretic would be wormly welcomed.