Trailer:
Developers: Nightdive Studios, MachineGames

Publishers: Bethesda Softworks, id Software, Activision

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 91 average - 100% recommended - 6 reviews

5xxImjm.png

Critic Reviews​

CGMagazine - Andrew Farrell - 9.5 / 10
While it may be missing the visual improvements that came with the RTX version of the game, the quality of life additions, amount of content, and jaw-dropping new campaign make this remaster a must-play for fans new and old.

Destructoid - Zoey Handley - 9 / 10
It’s an oppressively brown shooter, but it still carries the speedy, lightweight combat that makes older FPS games still pop today. The changes that Nightdive brought in for the remaster make it even more enjoyable and accessible.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Samet Basri Taşlı - Turkish - 90 / 100
Presenting the unforgettable game of my childhood as a complete experience, Quake II Remaster is a near-perfect package. With a price tag of 10 dollars, it is a game that anyone interested in the FPS genre should try.

Metro GameCentral - GameCentral - 8 / 10
One of the best remasters ever made, that actively improves the original game, in terms of graphics, AI, and the enormous volume of content.

Nintendo Life - PJ O'Reilly - 10 / 10
Quake II arrives on Switch in the form of one of the very best remasters we've ever had the pleasure of digging into. With enhanced graphics and audio, refined AI, all-new animations, the iD Vault, a brand new episode, and all previously released DLC in the mix - plus the N64 version - this is an exhaustive package that Quake fans are absolutely gonna eat up. Add in crossplay support, gyro controls, and lots of co-op and competitive ways to play locally and online, and you've got an absolutely outstanding release.

WayTooManyGames - Leonardo Faria - 9.5 / 10
This is possibly the best remastering effort by Nightdive I have ever seen. This isn’t just “a means to play Quake II on modern platforms”. Just like how a remaster should be, it is the ultimate way to play Quake II, the one version to rule above any other, the port that makes every single previously released iteration feel like unplayable garbage as a comparison.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Great to see one of the greatest mp games ever made making a return.

Used to play for one of the top clans back in the day, Clan_Steath.

We won so many championship titles, I think we dominated the scene for about 5 years in a row.

On a personal level, I also won 3 lan events, graphics cards, hard drives, and cash back in the day.

Was so hardcore back then, the memories, the people, and the scene were just incredible.