(Question) Most disappointing game this year for you?

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
iu

So many games released this year
So many games delayed
But what's your most disappointing game this year?

For me this one without a doubt
EGS_TheCallistoProtocol_StrikingDistanceStudios_S2_1200x1600-1e31eacc92833279f5b7a8d07cd3826c

I honestly hoped it would be much better. It was forgettable and okey at best.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
For me it was gran turismo 7 being taken offline for like a day or two, love the game but I was super sad about that. Honestly tho every 2022 game I played I enjoyed even gran turismo 7 so honestly psvr 2 missing this year and if goldeneye007 doesn't release before the end of the year that too would be disappointing as I recently pulled my Xbox one out and am still waiting for it.
I am shocked RE Verse was not a disappointment to me and I had a lot of fun with it.
I guess maybe tho, since the Capcom 2020 leaks and VGC claimed RE4 remake was originally planned for 2022 that missing the year probably would be the biggest disappointment for me but Capcom never officially revealed RE4 remake for 2022 so I don't think that counts

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Diofield chronicle

Was looking forward to a reinvention of squad based tactics games with real time/paused command gameplay.
Instead I got an underbaked, lazy, poorly balanced, badly written abortion.

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
For me -

1. Gotham Knights
2. The Callisto Protocol
3. Bright Memory Infinite
Honestly your n.1 is on you for hoping anything good might come out of Gotham knights.
Mine would be Elden Ring, I was hoping to like it as much as Bloodborne but found it meh...

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
If I have to go by what the expectations were, then definitely Elden Ring. Coming from H:FW might have been the reason why the disappointment was even larger.

Game is good, it is the game I played the most this year, although mainly because I'm a completionist and wanted to get the plat like in all other From Souls games. But the boring, bloated open world really was a let down. Playtime would probably be halfed if it wasn't for it, making it a far more enjoyable experience.

Also the fact that From went full casual by delivering the easiest Souls game yet.

P

peter42O

Honestly your n.1 is on you for hoping anything good might come out of Gotham knights.

I wasn't expecting GK to be as good as the Rocksteady Arkham trilogy but I was hoping for a better game that what it was. Too many bad game design decisions, horrible loot system, bad UI, an underwhelming story, ending and disappointing combat made the game a disappointment for me. I was expecting at least an 8/10 for me. Barely reached a 7/10 which granted is still good but not at the level I was expecting from WB, WB Montreal and a DC game especially when I know that they can deliver better games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: azertydu91