Radeon RX 7900 GRE announced. 260W TDP. 5120 Cores. 16 GB VRAM. Starting at $649.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE features fewer cores and less memory than XT model, available globally soon​

AMD introduces ‘RX 7800 XT’ under a different name.

During AMD’s presentation at China Joy in Shanghai, China, the much-anticipated Radeon RX 7900 GRE “Golden Rabbit Edition” was officially announced. This new graphics card is equipped with the Navi 31 GPU, which has slightly fewer cores compared to the 7900 XT models. It will be shipped with 16 GB of memory.

Unlike the rumored 5376 Stream Processors, this model offers 5120 cores, with only 80 Compute Units enabled on the GPU. As a result, the card comes with reduced specifications compared to the RX 7900 XT, affecting memory (20 GB vs. 16 GB) and memory bus (320 vs. 256-bit). The Infinity Cache has also been reduced from 80MB to 64MB. Additionally, the TBP (Total Board Power) has been lowered to just 260W.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The 45.98 TFLOPS GPU that performs like 25TFLOPS.

At least they give up in put TFLOPS in the slides.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I just want something like the 7600 but with more RAM and x16 bus interface.

Their prices jump from $269 to $649. I'll never pay more than the price of a console on just a GPU. To me it's pretty obvious what both AMD and NVidia are trying to do to the GPU market, doing everything they can to artificially push people to more expensive GPUs.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just want something like the 7600 but with more RAM and x16 bus interface.

Their prices jump from $269 to $649. I'll never pay more than the price of a console on just a GPU. To me it's pretty obvious what both AMD and NVidia are trying to do to the GPU market, doing everything they can to artificially push people to more expensive GPUs.

We are basically in the pre Ryzen era of CPUs between ivy bridge and skylake where Intel made slow AF performance increases and jacked up prices. Intels battlemage has to knock it out of the park to wake the family duopoly of AMD and NVIDIA up.

The good thing is that upgrades are not necessary unless you want top of the line performance. PC gamers with good rigs have been cruising since late last gen and only now HW is being put to the test by a few games.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
We are basically in the pre Ryzen era of CPUs between ivy bridge and skylake where Intel made slow AF performance increases and jacked up prices. Intels battlemage has to knock it out of the park to wake the family duopoly of AMD and NVIDIA up.

The good thing is that upgrades are not necessary unless you want top of the line performance. PC gamers with good rigs have been cruising since late last gen and only now HW is being put to the test by a few games.
The good thing is that for me at least there is no hurry to buy any new GPU that doesn't have great value, there is simply no PC game to justify that type of investment.

The Series S is holding everything back as far as third party games are concerned and I have no desire to play PlayStation games on PC.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Meh. China only. They usually sell these cut down cards labeled as high tier cards even though theyre really midrange cards because the chinese market wouldn't tolerate the prices of the top end cards. This lets them feel special.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Meh. China only. They usually sell these cut down cards labeled as high tier cards even though theyre really midrange cards because the chinese market wouldn't tolerate the prices of the top end cards. This lets them feel special.
This is still a $650 card.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
??? This is decently reasonable though?
A long long time ago top of the line GPU prices weren't that much higher than the price of a console, and they still eclipsed it's 3D capabilities.

$650 should be top of the top.

Not counting that you need to buy a small nuclear reactor to run the top end GPUs these days, that's billions of dollars right there.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
A long long time ago top of the line GPU prices weren't that much higher than the price of a console, and they still eclipsed it's 3D capabilities.

$650 should be top of the top.

Not counting that you need to buy a small nuclear reactor to run the top end GPUs these days, that's billions of dollars right there.
Ok, but this card is literally better than a console, probably by around 50+%. Also 260W TDP is not a nuclear reactor.

PC allows you to pay more for more performance. Christ, it's like people think Ferraris shouldn't exist because Honda makes a Civic.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Ok, but this card is literally better than a console, probably by around 50+%. Also 260W TDP is not a nuclear reactor.

PC allows you to pay more for more performance. Christ, it's like people think Ferraris shouldn't exist because Honda makes a Civic.
You just told us that this was a compromised product.