Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - PC Version - AMD GPUs Won't Have Ray Tracing at Launch

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
where are you getting these made up numbers from??? the M1 max runs RE village at 4K MAX SETTINGS with . Yeah you must be one of those Apple hating android fangirls to be making up such bogus claims. Windows is awful in every single way, gaming is the only thing keeping it relevant for me.

They have the MetalFX upscaler on with performance mode, it's not native.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
where are you getting these made up numbers from??? the M1 max runs RE village at 4K MAX SETTINGS with . Yeah you must be one of those Apple hating android fangirls to be making up such bogus claims. Windows is awful in every single way, gaming is the only thing keeping it relevant for me.

That is not 4k in that video... it is a hell of upscaler.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
That is not 4k in that video... it is a hell of upscaler.

They have the MetalFX upscaler on with performance mode, it's not native.
So ??? 😂 literally every game on PC these days is unplayable without FSR/DLSS, there was just a post about a 4090 struggling to play Remnant 2 without DLSS. So why is using an upscaler for Apple suddenly bad?? Also check out MetalFX upscaling reviews, its on par with DLSS and looks amazing.

You guys are failing to realize this is Apples first real foray into PC gaming, and its not even a real effort.....So yes these results are objectively amazing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Frozone

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
uhh the new Apple Silicon Macs can game just fine, so that's incorrect. The M1 Pro/M2 Macs can play Resident Evil Village at 4k max settings with Raytracing locked 60fps with no sweat. Death Stranding, Psychonauts 2, Warhammer3, CYBERPUNK 2077(!!!) and many other games as well, not to mention NINTENDO SWITCH EMULATION! If Apple's half assed port solution works, imagine a dedicated effort by an actual gaming company!
I though you were joking about RE8, wtf

Only 3000 too, probably bite the dust to test.
bgr8i7z.jpg

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The one with the stupid cutout, my son bought me so I don't know which model is it.
the notch ? It adds more screen real estate than you otherwise would've had. Makes great use of the space around the camera. You can check the model in the settings, but the game should run fine for you so its worth a try

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So ??? 😂 literally every game on PC these days is unplayable without FSR/DLSS, there was just a post about a 4090 struggling to play Remnant 2 without DLSS. So why is using an upscaler for Apple suddenly bad?? Also check out MetalFX upscaling reviews, its on par with DLSS and looks amazing.

You guys are failing to realize this is Apples first real foray into PC gaming, and its not even a real effort.....So yes these results are objectively amazing.
so it's literally not 4k. its 1080p upscaled. now try running remnant 2 on mac.

Banana

Banned
10 Jan 2023

I've used macs most of my life. If you can't tell they are mostly marketing, then idk what to tell you. Maybe abolishing serfdom was a mistake. It was funnier when they ran intel and you could directly compare them.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
All I know is:

ZdCV36k.jpg

If a steam deck with a MicroSD can run the game, then I'll never believe anything Sony says about it's tech until I see it first hand.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Nvidia is a motherfucker when it comes to pricing. They burned bridges with MS in the 6th gen, and sony in the 7th. I wonder how much better Nintendo is fairing.
I wonder why MS doesn’t partner with them. Nividia shouldn’t be too expensive for them.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I hope Sony doesn't partner with AMD again for the PS6, THEY SUCK !!! FSR/RT is way behind nvidia dlss/rt
Yeah no Sony is never going back into Nvidia after they fucked them over with the PS3 graphics chip lol.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

If you are trying to claim some performance for some chip then be accurate because if not the comparison is really bad.
Comparing 1080p upscalled to 4k is different from 4k.
No matter what you say the power used by the Apple silicion is the same to run the game in 1080p + what it used to upscale to 4k (+20-30%?) that is basically less than the power for 1440p.

It is nowhere close to any high end GPU in PC market.
RTX 3060 runs the game in 1080p at over 120fps too.

1080p upscaled??? you lost all credibility in this conversation!
It is indeed 1080p internal resolution... I checked and confirmed it.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
1080p upscaled??? you lost all credibility in this conversation!
sit down, troll.

eurogamer

MetalFX does have another option on Resident Evil Village however, dubbed 'performance'. Curiously, this mode still counts at quarter resolution, just like the quality mode, so a 4K output renders at 1080p internally. Unfortunately, image quality is very poor here. The image is swimming in ugly aliasing artifacts that shift considerably from frame-to-frame, with a low level of stability. Measured up against MetalFX Quality or native resolution rendering, the deficits are obvious. This is a low-cost, spatial upscaler, similar to AMD's FSR1 - but not as good.
oh, and before I forget, raytracing is absolutely busted on macs. Based on this the m1 max is getting around 3060 Ti performance, maybe a little less.
performance-3840-2160.png

130FPS@110% perf increase ~= 60 FPS at native.

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023