Rattled Xbox Fans Demand Clarity as More Exclusives Reportedly Heading to PS5

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
A number of fans have been left discontent with Microsoft’s communication strategy surrounding Xbox games heading to PS5. Yesterday, a report from The Verge revealed that the company was mulling over a remaster of Halo: Combat Evolved for the PS5, following which more reputable insiders claimed that a number of major Xbox exclusives are on their way to the rival platform.

Microsoft quiet about its strategy for Xbox games on PS5
When reports of Xbox games going multiplatform first cropped up earlier this year, they were dismissed by a large number of fans until reputable sources starting backing up those claims. Microsoft was forced to conduct a “business update” as a result, during which it confirmed that four of its titles were headed to PS5, to start with. There’s been no update from Team Xbox since, but the rumors are showing no signs of dying down.

Yesterday, known insider NateTheHate claimed that “significant, major” Xbox games are heading to PlayStation. ResetEra user Shinobi602 — who is known to have some connections within the industry — confirmed the same. This, along with The Verge’s report, prompted Xbox fans to take to sites like Reddit and X to demand clarity from Microsoft.

Many have opined that Halo going multiplatform will spell the demise of Xbox hardware. However, the console already isn’t selling much as it is.

Playstationlifestyle

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Hot take but every game developer should be third party
Xbox fans should chill. Its not as if they're gonna stop having Halo. They'll still get to play it, regardless of what happens to Xbox as a console.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Hot take but every game developer should be third party
Xbox fans should chill. Its not as if they're gonna stop having Halo. They'll still get to play it, regardless of what happens to Xbox as a console.
Though, Microsoft is kinda bad at the whole "making games" thing considering the number of cancelled projects and closed studios and general lack of new 1st party releases.

Ya'll doompost about Playstation all the time but if Playstation and Sony are on the decline, then Xbox and Microsoft have already fallen face first off a cliff into a ditch At least Sony actually, yknow, makes games.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Though, Microsoft is kinda bad at the whole "making games" thing considering the number of cancelled projects and closed studios and general lack of new 1st party releases.

Ya'll doompost about Playstation all the time but if Playstation and Sony are on the decline, then Xbox and Microsoft have already fallen face first off a cliff into a ditch
I'm not trying to be rude, @TrishaCat, but when you start replying to your own posts, it's a worrying sign.

Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
meanwhile Nintendo and its fans are in their own little world
Well that depends if does fit Nintendo fans' narrative. I have seen them on many occasions slander PlayStation. To be fair all fanbases doing it, including PC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just don't understand why this is a surprise to Xbox fans; the writing has been on the wall for ages now.

Xbox does not care about games, their studies or their fanbase,

Its all about money and nothing else.
Xbox fans cares about fuck up PlayStation… not about Xbox or games.

So Xbox launching games on PlayStation is basically they worst nightmare.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
We already have threads for this. This is just regurgitation what is already known chief.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There wont be an xbox by then. We both know that 🤣
Gamepass made sales on Xbox become a wasteland… nobody wants to release games there anymore.

Neither MS can sustain their Xbox business with suck drop in game sales… that is the reason they are opening to all sides.

It is a situation that PlayStation and Nintendo right now are years… perhaps decades to happen.

I understand in 10-20 years probably console business will end… and not in favor to PC like some believes but to be replaced by Mobile/Portables.

When that happen probably PlayStation will face the same Xbox is facing now… nobody buying games, nobody buying consoles.

For now I know PS6 will exists as a console.