Ready At Dawn closing proves Team Asobi made the right choice ditching VR

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Let’s face it, astro bot wouldn’t have saved the PSVR2. It would have been praised by a few VR focused outlets and a handful of places like IGN and not only lost to time but quickly written off as not a real game or exclusive just like Blood and Truth, Call of The Mountain, Rescue Missioin, etc.

Team Asobi actually has a chance of longevity by not tying their biggest effort to another dead sony peripheral like London Studio did for 20 years.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
One studio not doing well at VR doesnt mean different studio will fail

What kind of logic is this

studios trying their legacy and health to dying platforms is a recipe for failure. It’d be like releasing a luna exclusive

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
studios trying their legacy and health to dying platforms is a recipe for failure. It’d be like releasing a luna exclusive
What is your expectation for PSVR2?

To have similar numbers with PS5/Switch sales?

Of course it wont bcos it was aimed for a more higher end audience

Its doing great for what it is, for your information it is the best selling VR devices compared to other VR peripherals

Last edited:
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
What is your expectation for PSVR2?

To have similar numbers with PS5/Switch sales?

Of course it wont bcos it was aimed for a more higher end audience

Its doing great for what it is, for your information it is the best selling VR devices compared to other VR peripherals

I expect that even if it did decent on PSVR2 the studio still wouldn’t receive the recognition it deserved because good for PSVR2 at this point is like 100k copies

If Astro comes out this year to high critical acclaim sony will be more willing to keep them open for that reason alone. Astro makes a great pack-in game for the slim this holiday

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Only way VR is gonna progress faster is if everyone actually puts in efforts. Fund your best studios, to make properly games.
The VR industry doeesnt need platforms and exclusives, its needs to grow first.

Otherwise its just gonna be a slow build until VR glasses are cheaper, sftronger and can fit on your head like glasses. VR isnt gonna die either, it will keep going. Slow or Fast is up to the platform holders like Sony, Valve, Meta etc

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
AstroBot Rescue Mission sold more than 1M units btw, for a VR title this is very successful

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Here's what I don't get. From what I remember, that thing brought in A TON of cash. Why not bring it back on PS4, when something like that would have been easier to make and maintain?

Theres so many things Sony should do that make sense but they dont.

Same for everyone really but as a PS fans theres lots there leaving off the table

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Only way VR is gonna progress faster is if everyone actually puts in efforts. Fund your best studios, to make properly games.
The VR industry doeesnt need platforms and exclusives, its needs to grow first.

Otherwise its just gonna be a slow build until VR glasses are cheaper, sftronger and can fit on your head like glasses. VR isnt gonna die either, it will keep going. Slow or Fast is up to the platform holders like Sony, Valve, Meta etc

I’d rather they not sacrifice Team Asobi to the VR Plot

Throw Bend Studio and Firesprite at them, no one will miss them