REAL TALK: if Sony themselfs doesn't see Nintendo as a competitor, what stops them from porting a game like Horizon Zero Dawn to the Switch 2?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
they just opened the Pandora's Box with this LEGO title, if it's a success on the Switch, what stops them from porting Zero Dawn to the Switch 2? and then Forbidden West... and then God Of War... i've seen this film before with PC, and the goalposts at the time were "oh, it won't be all the games, oh it's just the decima engine games, oh, it's just 5 year old games", this community seems to love to move goalposts, BE REAL, if you were against MS putting games on PC and you're critical of Xbox for becoming a third party publisher right now, you need to keep the same energy for Sony.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Switch 2 will be as powerful as a PS4, PS4 was able to run both Zero Dawn and Forbidden West
I honestly doubt it. There'll be tricks to give it higher than expected visual output but it won't have the power of PS4/XBO.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nothing… just their own decision.

But they never did that before so I don’t believe Sony releasing their games on Switch 2 has any chance to happen.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
right now there is no Horizon game exclusive to PlayStation, both Zero Dawn and Forbidden West are on PC, LEGO Horizon Adventures will be on PC, PS5 and Switch, and there's people that really fall for their investor talk that they're bringing these games to other platforms to entice more people to buy a PlayStation consoles, even investors themselfs are already questioning cannabilization

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Nothing… just their own decision.

But they never did that before so I don’t believe Sony releasing their games on Switch 2 has any chance to happen.
now it is: they'll launch LEGO Horizon on Switch to entice Switch users to buy a PS5 to play Zero Dawn and Forbidden West, soon it'll be: they'll port Zero Dawn and Forbidden West to entice Switch users to buy a PS5 to play Horizon 3, you know what would entice people to buy the hardware to play the game? keeping it Only On PlayStation... 🤯 yeah, i know, crazy right?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
now it's: they'll launch LEGO Horizon on Switch to entice Switch users to buy a PS5 to play Zero Dawn and Forbidden West, soon it'll be: they'll port Zero Dawn and Forbidden West to entice Switch users to buy a PS5 to play Horizon 3, you know what would entice people to buy the hardware to play the game? keeping it Only On PlayStation... 🤯 yeah, i know, crazy right?
Lego was always multiplatform.

While Sony didn’t put a first-party game on Switch or Switch 2 we will just make assumptions with very low chances of happening.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Who says they don't see it as competition? They specifically targeted the audience with a kiddy game in hopes of winning some over. A licensed game, as a side project.

It's a shit mindset but it's what they're doing. Consider this. Astro is not on Switch and it'd be perfect for it.

This is all Sony's decision to try and draw people outside of the PS ecosystem into it. And I've said this a million times, it's an idiotic idea but that's where their mindset is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Lego was always multiplatform.

While Sony didn’t put a first-party game on Switch or Switch 2 we will just make assumptions with very low chances of happening.
Horizon is also multiplaform, there is no main Horizon game exclusive to PlayStation, both 2 games are on PC

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Horizon is also multiplaform, there is no main Horizon game exclusive to PlayStation, both 2 games are on PC
Yes… some Sony game will reach PC after some years.

You will still rely on PS5 or PS6 to play games at launch unless it is some live service game.

There is no change in strategy yet.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Who says they don't see it as competition? They specifically targeted the audience with a kiddy game in hopes of winning some over. A licensed game, as a side project.

It's a shit mindset but it's what they're doing. Consider this. Astro is not on Switch and it'd be perfect for it.

This is all Sony's decision to try and draw people outside of the PS ecosystem into it. And I've said this a million times, it's an idiotic idea but that's where their mindset is.
Astro is not on Switch yet, who's to say it won't be in 2 years? we're in a point where we can't say "Sony will never do this", because they've been showing us they will if they want to

• haha
Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yes… most Sony game will reach PC after some years.
and then when PC is no longer enough to fulfil their greedy asses, what it'll be? Switch 2?... Mobile?... i've said this before and i'll say it again, PC is a band-aid, it's not a solution, they need to find ways to lower or equalize their game budgets and keep the same quality, if they continue like this it will never be enough, not even when they go day and date with PC eventually

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
and then when PC is no longer enough to fulfil their greedy asses, what it'll be? Switch 2?... Mobile?... i've said this before and i'll say it again, PC is a band-aid, it's not a solution, they need to find ways to lower or equalize their game budgets and keep the same quality, if they continue like this it will never be enough, not even when they go day and date with PC eventually
Not sure… we are years… perhaps a decade from that.

That is why you are trying to make assumptions or in better terms do future telling.

I think the actual Sony strategy for single play games is basically going PC around 2 years after original release.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
if LEGO Horizon Adventures sells 5M+ copies on the Switch... at this point, what's stopping them from bringing similar games like Sackboy? Astro? with the excuse of finding new audiences to entice to buy a PlayStation to play sequels (that they're also going to put on there)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
if LEGO Horizon Adventures sells 5M+ copies on the Switch... at this point, what's stopping them from bringing similar games like Sackboy? Astro? with the excuse of finding new audiences to entice to buy a PlayStation to play sequels (that they're also going to put on there)
Their own decision.
It never existed anything except their own choice blocking Sony to release games in others platforms.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
exaclty, so no one can say it's off the table
Since 1994 but we are here ns Sony basically launched 99% of their games exclusives to PlayStation… 30 years.

The only chance was that Live Services will be on PC at launch (something nothing new because Sony’s live services games on PS3 already were PS + PC).

And some single-player games will be ported to PC after some years. Their single players games are still exclusives for at least some years to PlayStation.

People take things at extreme… I’m still playing the whole PS5 generation games exclusives to PlayStation way before PC port is announced.

Who exactly wait to play games? Because at time the game release on PC I will be moved to new games for over a year already.

Plus is impossible at the rate Sony is releasing PC games that they will touch like 10% of PlayStation first-party games… there so much to release on PC yet and not all new games will go to PC either.

Sony won’t lose anything with that because gamers that pay for their games at day one will continue playing on PlayStation… plus these are a small chance to a PC Late Race (PCLR) will buy a PS console because he could not wait for a chance to play a PS game he liked.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
I actually wouldn't be surprised if LEGO Horizon on Switch is in service of 3 things:

1: Port HZD & HFW to Switch 2 in a double-pack release (probably in 2025)

2: Get Aloy as a playable character in Smash Bros (current one or next iteration)

3: Get some kind of Nintendo skins/costumes in Astro Bot (this isn't completely off the table)